Folks reloading the 375s that are used in the ELR

• Thread starter Deleted member 71114
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 71114

Folks reloading the 375s that are used in the ELR

Within the year I will be reloading the 375 cal.
For the folks that are reloading this and loading for consistent accuracy at extended distances what are you using for a press for sizing and seating. Also what trimmer are you using as well with the larger case?
What are your opinions of the equipment used as well?

The dies will be 1.25"
Overall length of a loaded round is just under 5"

Cheers
osoh

After loading 1000s of 338LM and 260s it's time to stretch out some more, Redding T7 and RCBS Pro Trimmer

In time I'll figure out what's needed for the larger case for equipment, just was curious what the folks favored for equipment and why, when working with the Cheytac based rounds and maintaining the extended distance accuracy.

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

I have just been using a couple of Lee Classic Cast presses.

I'm sure there a "better/flasher" presses available but they work for me for the Cheytac, VM & 50 cases as well as all the smaller ones.

Make sure you use plenty of lube, the big cases have much, much more surface area in the dies.

Thanks for the reply Greg

With yourself, Bill, Dave, Kirby, Jeff and a few others there is some good proven knowledge or info that can help when working with or getting into the larger case size.

oneshot.onehit

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.