ELR Shooting in the Black Hills

PRCLITE

Does anyone know of any ELR range locations in the black hills of SoDak or Wyoming? I've heard that it is legal to shoot anywhere in the national forest but with the amount of hikers, cyclists, and off-roaders in the area, it may be hard to do that safely. The last thing I want is to have someone unexpectedly enter my field of fire.

Does anyone know of any ELR range locations in the black hills of SoDak or Wyoming? I've heard that it is legal to shoot anywhere in the national forest but with the amount of hikers, cyclists, and off-roaders in the area, it may be hard to do that safely. The last thing I want is to have someone unexpectedly enter my field of fire.
Why don't you join the ELR King of 1 Mile and King of 2 Mile group and shoot in the ELR Matches..(IF you have not already)

The new range opening north of Rapid City will be either 1000 or 1300 yards. I haven't heard an exact number yet. There are several spots around the hills that are easy to get to and safely shoot 500 to 800 yards. They are in the national forest so you do need to be aware of your surroundings as such and utilize a spotter. Use google earth and find where power lines cut through the forest to make shooting lanes.

Those matches are in NM and Texas, bit of a hike even if you are going to do that still nice to practice a bit before.

This is the best list I can find.
Even Oregon is a trek for me, some where in MT would be about right

Also where does a guy register for these events? I can't seem to find them anywhere other than that list, like old FB posts or practiscore, nothing. Like even ELRSO website has 2021 events still.

Edit: I know it's likely to early to register I just thought I'd be able to dig up where registration is and such. maybe some old standings

Last edited:

Recent Posts