Pump and Curtis about ELR shooting!

ELR Researcher

I just finished listening to a very interesting podcast on Precision Rifle Podcasts, "Pump and Curtis about ELR shooting!

That's Chase "Pump" Shroud, of Pump Precision Rifle Training and other significant adventures, and Curtis Proske, of Templar Tactical. Among other things, they talk about new projectile designs coming out of Velocity Tactical (still supersonic at 4400 yards from a 50-cal-sized case) and, come this September, Pump attempting a record at 4400 yards. I plan on at least one re-listen with my cursor laying on the pause button to take notes. Credibility includes the use of Prodas (very high end projectile modeling and design software) and Pump's prior, multiple successes with a 338 NM out to 3000+ yards (last mile at subsonic).

Not scripted or rehearsed dialog but well worth the listen. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know about "Pump's" 338 Norma?

He was talking about getting 2700fps with a 300gr Berger out of a 22" barrel.

Is it a gain twist barrel? I don't have Quik Loads in front of me and will be out of town for the next two weeks so I can't look it up.

Is anyone else getting this kind of velocity? My brother and I just had two finished and opted for 27" barrels. Thinking that would allow us to just reach 2800 fps with the 300gr Bergers. (according to Quik loads)

I'm sure that he's right on the velocity he's getting. But, is the 338 Norma really that efficient of a cartridge? Maybe I just didn't realize.

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.