Flattest Shooting Hunting Bullet 257 Weatherby Vanguard 26" pipe

So true... Out to 4-500 yards, MV overshadows BC to a great degree. Most of my hunting depends on maximum PBR, so the added velocity from the 110gr was useful. But, I too wish we had readily available good hunting bullets with +.500 BCs.
I plan on running the 110 ELDs with my 25-284 for deer inside 500 yards. Probably considerably closer. The 131s will be for next zip code ground hogs. Also my Wyoming antelope rifle.

My Creed 1000 yard gun is 5.1 at 1000. But my 257wby is 5.9. that's what the much higher bc does for you. .690 for my Creed and . 520 for the bee. The bee starts 500fps faster too and still gets beat by my Creed.
Shep
Really??? I thought this would be a post that I would be 100% sure that I would not have to hear the word "creed" in. 🤷🏼‍♂️

My Creed 1000 yard gun is 5.1 at 1000. But my 257wby is 5.9. that's what the much higher bc does for you. .690 for my Creed and . 520 for the bee. The bee starts 500fps faster too and still gets beat by my Creed.
Shep
Kinda confused by the numbers. What are the 5.1 & 5.9 ? Also what is the .690 & .520 numbers ?

He's talking about drop on Mils 5.1 vs 5.9, here's how I look at if your dialing anyway, What's the difference, But that's just me
It is also that typical horrible Creed comparison same as the one with the 300Win Mag. As a hunting round compare the impact effect on game at the far more common 100 to 500 yard distances and the 300 Win and the 257 Roy blow the skirt right off the Cr&&d.

As long as we are talking about bullets being made from unobtainium, here's another bullet or two. I've got loads for my Vanguard and and Mark V using Richards (Wildcat Bullets) R.B.B.T. U.L.D. 125g bullet for the Vanguard and his R.B.B.T. U.L.D. 130g bonded bullet in the Mark V. I've shot an antelope at a hair over 700 with the 130g bullet and it performed just fine.

But that doesn't do the OP any good.

To the OP, look at the Hammer Hunter in 92/93 grain size or the 90g Absolute Hammer.

Ya I figured that and I'm probably slow but which are you comparing ? Seems like a .690 and .520 bc is one heck of a difference. Obviously the 257 Wby is one of them
They were talking about the Creedmore vs the Wby, which does the OP no good since he didn't ask about the creedmore. Hell, I could spout numbers about the 7mm Allen Magnum, but that won't do the OP any good either.

I wish the guys would stick to the OP's orig question so he could get good information.

110 Bibb has a .520 bc. The 131BJ is mid .6s by my calculations.
They were talking about the Creedmore vs the Wby, which does the OP no good since he didn't ask about the creedmore. Hell, I could spout numbers about the 7mm Allen Magnum, but that won't do the OP any good either.

I wish the guys would stick to the OP's orig question so he could get good information.
Well the appeal for me was the .257 caliber bullet and the discussion around it. Not having one yet but currently building one, I'd like to hear real life experiences on game and accuracy with all bullets used. Not trying to compare or which cartridge is better. I'm building it regardless. I'm building it off the 131 BJ bullet. Fast twist and planning on using lighter 110-120 bullets for mid range deer. Just couldn't figure out what the BC /drop numbers were for. Figured for two different .257 bullets. Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts