Fierce Fury or Nosler 48 Western

Dumptruck

Just curious to what rifle you would pick. Pros and cons of of each. And if you own one how's the accuracy.

Fierce would be my choice. Has 3.7" mag box, detach mag, short bolt lift 3 lugs, 1/2 moa guarantee. Nosler has very short mag length 1moa guarantee. My nosler trophy grade does shoot well tho, 300wsm.

Not too impressed with Fierce. One of our group bought one and I was building a load for it and it started shooting wonky. Took the scope off and found out Fierce never bothered to apply threadlocker to the rail. Pretty poor prep for what is supposed to be a custom rifle. Must be that Canadian heritage. No excuse for basic prep.

Not too impressed with Fierce. One of our group bought one and I was building a load for it and it started shooting wonky. Took the scope off and found out Fierce never bothered to apply threadlocker to the rail. Pretty poor prep for what is supposed to be a custom rifle. Must be that Canadian heritage. No excuse for basic prep.

While I will agree that is unacceptable it really has zero to do with the rifle itself. I will say that there are many in the industry that do not believe in applying locktite.

If you reload and are shooting a magnum I would not even consider the Nosler because that can't figure out that the 3.4" "long action" is on its last leg. I have had several customs and my Fierce CT Edge is my favorite rifle I have ever owned.

I have a m48 longrange and a fierce ti. The fierce action is much nicer, fitment and tolerances are better. The nosler is a bit clunky with lots of bolt/reciever clearance. Both are accurate, and easily are sub 1/2moa rifles.
I like the nosler rifles, for what I paid for the longrange I couldn't get the parts separately. But if I was dropping the $$ again today it would be the fierce.

Sounds like if your going to run a big magnums then fierce is the way to go. How about the triggers?

The fury looks like a great rifle but I cant tell the difference between it and the edge. And now theres a carbon fury (just released apparently) which could be a great value proposition if the specs are close to those of the edge. Thoughts on the fury vs edge?

The fury looks like a great rifle but I cant tell the difference between it and the edge. And now theres a carbon fury (just released apparently) which could be a great value proposition if the specs are close to those of the edge. Thoughts on the fury vs edge?

The Fury line is a little hard to follow because they have the normal, long range, and now the carbon. Originally the fury had no flutes(barrel or bolt), no bolt coating, and the plain bolt handle. The Carbon fury looks to be a great deal for a lightweight rifle with .5 moa guarantee. I would say the biggest difference between the fury and the edge is the edge is fired for accuracy so they send a target with load data(usually factory) the fury still has the guarantee just no target.

The Fury line is a little hard to follow because they have the normal, long range, and now the carbon. Originally the fury had no flutes(barrel or bolt), no bolt coating, and the plain bolt handle. The Carbon fury looks to be a great deal for a lightweight rifle with .5 moa guarantee. I would say the biggest difference between the fury and the edge is the edge is fired for accuracy so they send a target with load data(usually factory) the fury still has the guarantee just no target.
Thanks for the info! That's the best I could tell as well, maybe bolt flutes and accuracy testing. Both are great but not $1k great, for me anyway.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.