6.8 Western or 300WSM

Hey Fellas I am new to the site and I am looking for some suggestions. I am 52 years old and have been hunting and shooting all of my life. I live in the Lowcountry of South Carolina and I own and operate a sporting clay range and I have a private rifle range also.
I am thinking about buying a new rifle and I really like the way the 6.8 western looks on paper but not really sure its going to be around long enough to prove itself unless some other companies start making ammo for it (I'm not a reloader). So my other thought was 300WSM. I know one is a 30Cal and the other is a .270 so there is that. I don't want a 270WSM because I can't go past 150gr. Thoughts?

No experience with the 6.8 Western.......but I'm big fan of the 300wsm, tune windows are typically wide and stupid accurate with a wide range of bullets. The down side to the Whizzum is components....Norma is stopping bulk shipments and ADG just had a short run of brass that lasted about 30 seconds lol. The Berger 215 Hybrid is the "bullet".....it is also a Unicorn sprinkled in fairy dust. 🥴

I think if some of the higher quality brass manufacturers would start making 6.8 brass it wouldn't be a bad choice at all. Recently had someone asking about it for his daughter. I leaned him towards the 6.5 prc

The 6.8 Western was made for the off-the-shelf segment of the market that wants better performance you can get with heavy for caliber (high BC) bullets when reaching out past their normal hunting ranges. From the longer SAAMI throating to the faster twist factory barrels, and heavy factory bullet offerings the 6.8 is set up nicely for longer range shooting. Now, that said the 300 WSM with a long throat, hand-loaded ammo, and a faster twist barrel will match and likely exceed the 6.8 Western. The 300 WSM also obviously has a longer run time so things like case choices, rifles, and reloading tools are more available. I think handloading the 6.8 would be a fun adventure personally but I'm weird that way. The Berger 190 VLD and IMR4350 shot lights out in the two 300 WSMs I used to load for with out a lot tuning effort. I like short mags.

Hey Fellas I am new to the site and I am looking for some suggestions. I am 52 years old and have been hunting and shooting all of my life. I live in the Lowcountry of South Carolina and I own and operate a sporting clay range and I have a private rifle range also.
I am thinking about buying a new rifle and I really like the way the 6.8 western looks on paper but not really sure its going to be around long enough to prove itself unless some other companies start making ammo for it (I'm not a reloader). So my other thought was 300WSM. I know one is a 30Cal and the other is a .270 so there is that. I don't want a 270WSM because I can't go past 150gr. Thoughts?
Between the two I'd go with the 300wsm, but honestly you'd probably be better off with a 6.5 or 300PRC long term.

There's no doubt about it the 300 WSM is far more proven and will do everything you wanted to do, but since you don't load your own ammo, what would be wrong with a 300 win mag? You can buy ammo for that cheaper, it's been around since Christ was a corporal, and it'll do everything you ever wanted to do, it's just a plain Jane good cartridge, I know you didn't ask for any other cartridge suggestions, but that's my two cents