6.8 Western or 7 PRC for new rifle?

The 300 is the only one that worked really. I don't think it ever went anywhere but none of the others are still here. It's unfortunate.
People keep saying 270 wsm did not do well but that is not true at all. Hornady, Barnes, Nosler, fed on top of Win still load for it. Hornady included in newest lines like precison hunter and outfitter wirh cx bullet and federal has in their premium lines as well as fusion. ADG and Peterson are both releasing 270 wsm brass this year. While the 270 wsm never made it to top tier like 270, 7rm, etc. (contrary to hype, I dont think any PRC or Western will either except maybe 6.5 prc) it is definitely next tear down. Several rifle makers like tikka and savage still chamber 270 wsm. Not a world beater for sure but moderately popular and remains so despite the royalties/lawsuits that plagued the WSMs. The question is how popular would they have become without the Jamison lawsuits that forced a royalty on them for a bunch of years

I understand folks who have just gone through their first shortage think just because there is lot of ammo on shelves in good times it will be there in bad. That is not true. In recent pandemic, did not see prc or even creemoor for what 1-2 years. Could still get some 223/308 but that is it. There was a bunch of 6.8W but that was anamoly since introduced during shortage. So, if you are really worried about long term get a 308 or it would be wise to stock up and not worry

Lou