FIERCE FURY & NOSLER M48 LONG RANGE

Muleycrazy88

In the market for a new rifle under 3k and these twothave been the top two choices as far as feel, components, quality parts, etc. I'm not looking for a persuasion to a different rifle just curious on what people's experience with either of the two listed . Thanks guys(and gals ). Look forward to your feedback .

I purchased a Nosler Patriot 48 in 26 Nosler...last year...put a VXIII 6.5-20×40 on it...
For a magnum sized rifle and 26" barrel it carries really nice on walks....I think with scope and cartridges it weighed around 8-8.5#
Shoots decent....still need to fine tune loads...but was,able to blast rocks at 777yds....little rocks....expensive brass @ $3 a piece...had a couple primer pockets open up at 79gr rl33..decent speed...dropped back to 75gr @3200...shoots okay....

Last edited:
I have a fierce edge ti in 26 and a nosler LR in 33. Similar weights, barrel profile is very close. I prefer the stock of the fierce, the bit of cast build into it is more comfy, and the grip/trigger realtionship is better. The manners stock and timney trigger put the trigger in a odd location and it takes some getting used to. Just has an odd feel.
Both are accurate, my fierce shoots better groups, but both are 1/2moa capable. The edge has much tighter tollerances than the m48 action, the bolt is almost floppy when pulled back on the m48.

I haven't noticed a floppy bolt on the 26....a long time ago I had one on a mkii riuger with paddle stock.....hated that gun....first rifle I ever bought too.....traded it for an Oneida now that went to crap.....lesson learned....no matter how nice or much a bow is when you buy it..it isn't worth a crap for resale.......duh....

Last edited:
The Nosler has a very short magazine box on the long actions. The Fierce rifles are in another league as far as build quality and are not neutered by the short magazine.

You get what you pay for. Had Nosler 26, shot ok, bolt terrible and safety wouldnt fully engage. Down the road it went. The Cooper is twice the rifle.

Cooper makes a **** nice rifle. I just do not like the stocks for shooting prone and the rifles are a little heavier than I prefer. My M21 204 and M38 20vt shoot little groups.

Had a buddy at our camp this season with a nosler build chambered in 270 WSM. He was shooting factory bilistic silver tips. Gun shot a one hole group at 100 yards! Very impressed. I did not care for the stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.