FIERCE FURY & NOSLER M48 LONG RANGE

I've never owned/shot a M48, and don't know anyone who shoots one, but I own a Fierce Fury in 300WM, and its extremely accurate and a soft shooter. I bought mine last fall, after looking at several rifles in various calibers. Fit and finish is great for a rifle in this price range. Decent trigger.

Which fierce is it that you own looking fury 300 wm
It does not really matter which model. The key to the Fierce being better is the action. They all use one action. The barrel you choose is your decision.
i was looking Fierce, Nosler, and Sako. Correct me if I am wrong Fierce and Sako utilize the same action, not sure on the trigger, and the the barrel on the Sako 85 is carbon

I am not aware nor do I see a carbon barrel option on Sako's sight. The Fierce does not use the same action as Sako. It is a Sako clone the same as 99% of custom actions clone the 700. The Fierce uses 700 bases with 8-40 screws. The Fierce and Sako triggers and magazines are interchangeable as are the stocks. Nosler is stuck in the 1950s with their short mag boxes and I would never consider one for a magnum cartridge.

To my knowledge always. Keep in mind factory 700s use 6-48s. You can not just order 700 bases you must order the ones with 8-40 screws. I run a Murphy Precision rail. I have had no luck with crap like Talley aluminum.

Looking hard at getting a CT Edge for a Dall sheep hunt in the Yukon next year. Did you guys spec out your rifles with Fierce, or buy the ready built ones offered online? If spec'd built by Fierce what's their turn around time?

Also, can the trigger be tuned down below 2lbs? I like running mine around 1.5 lbs.

Looking hard at getting a CT Edge for a Dall sheep hunt in the Yukon next year. Did you guys spec out your rifles with Fierce, or buy the ready built ones offered online? If spec'd built by Fierce what's their turn around time?

Also, can the trigger be tuned down below 2lbs? I like running mine around 1.5 lbs.

I ordered mine. It took about double what I was quoted time wise. My trigger would not safely go below 2lbs. I put a BixNAndy in mine.

I ordered mine. It took about double what I was quoted time wise. My trigger would not safely go below 2lbs. I put a BixNAndy in mine.

Thanks Ryan. I didn't know BixNAndy made a trigger for the Fierce. That's actually an even better option imo. Love their triggers.

Thanks Ryan. I didn't know BixNAndy made a trigger for the Fierce. That's actually an even better option imo. Love their triggers.
It is for the Sako 85 which is interchangeable. They are speedy but the best trigger I have ever touched.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.