FIERCE FURY & NOSLER M48 LONG RANGE

I will not question how a Nosler rifle shoots accuracy wise but if you reload a cartridge like the 300 WM, 28 Nosler, or 30 Nosler etc you will be leaving performance on the table with a Nosler rifle. Period.

Have you tried a Christensen before? They make great rifles, I have a classic in a 26 nosler and it's great, light weight and barley any recoil with their breaks

The Nosler Has a horrible action , I owned one in 28 nosler and don't think I would go that route again.
Also owned a Fierce about 3 years ago and it was horrible fit and finish then and did not have that gun for long. I have looked at the new Fury LR and I think they have pulled there socks up lately because the fit and finish has definitely changed.

Fierce is way better than Christensen. I've owned both. I can't speak about what Fierce used to be but the rifles they are building today have great fit and finish.

You better be careful talking about christensen that way, LRO might take it personal.... But i agree, the ones ive handled at shows i liked the fierce better for fit.

It does not really matter which model. The key to the Fierce being better is the action. They all use one action. The barrel you choose is your decision.

I purchased a Nosler Patriot 48 in 26 Nosler...last year...put a VXIII 6.5-20×40 on it...
For a magnum sized rifle and 26" barrel it carries really nice on walks....I think with scope and cartridges it weighed around 8-8.5#
Shoots decent....still need to fine tune loads...but was,able to blast rocks at 777yds....little rocks....expensive brass @ $3 a piece...had a couple primer pockets open up at 79gr rl33..decent speed...dropped back to 75gr @3200...shoots okay....
How fast was it going with 79grs:D

My partner shoots a fierce fury 7mm rem mag. It's very accurate for a lightweight hunting rifle. Easily sub MOA. The first time I shot it, I put 3 round on target at 300 yards measuring about 1.7 inches. The action is smoother than my Christensen Mesa but I wanted a 700 BDL style rifle. The stock finish on his rifle showed excessive wear signs after 1 season. He opted to just Cerakote over it.

Of the two rifles your interested in the Fierce will be hands down the better rifle. The action is really nice, the trigger and stock are great. I had an Edge in 28 nosler that shot factory Nosler ammo between 1/2" -3/4" pretty easy. No experience with a Nosler
Christensen makes a great rifle but their action isn't anything impressive. They use Trigger tech triggers which are great. Very accurate in my experiences.
Coopers are outstanding all around in my opinion, especially the Timberline. My only complaint is of the 4 I've had only one shot factory ammo well but I handloads for everything anyways so that really isn't a big deal to me. They also use Trigger tech triggers.
There is a Cooper Jackson long range in the classifieds on here in 26 Nosler. I have the same model in 6.5-284, great long range gun

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.