Question for all

I've got a USO ts12x on my .22 precision and love it . The side focus went kapluy on me after 2 years of abuse and they sent me a new on no problem and a USO hat = score!! Now kinda looking at their Foundation series
Excellent! It is always nice to hear about a company's customer service. I also have their TS-20X. Their Foundation line is pretty darn good.

Although I made a mistake and called Defiance yesterday and the kid I talked to was awesome, dang it this could be expensive!!

1714741978048.png

I had the ts20 and sent it back wasn't impressed but the foundation line I've had my grubby hands on and they are sexy
For half the price (for both the TS-12X and TS-20X), I cannot complain. So far, it has served me well. I tend to make what I have work for my intended purpose.

Last edited:
In my opinion……9 pounds or under all up (scoped, loaded, slung) if your hunting will be somewhat physical.

Another IMO, hunting cartridges for big game start at 7 mm up through the 375 RUM, I guess that it depends upon what you're hunting and what ranges you anticipate shooting! For a practical "carry weight" hunting rifle having tolerable recoil.

While not mentioned, the use of a brake is purely personal……"personally" I hate them! As a general statement…..your hunting rifles will not likely be shot hundreds/thousands of times per year. So a fairly lightweight rifle without a brake should be quite doable!

Obviously, I'm in the minority with many of my opinions! 😉 memtb

I'm 57 years old shot f-class forever, moved to prs loved both but now have moved towards lightweight back pack hunting, with that said I e got a beautiful 6.5 creed Savage almost everything custom weighs 23 lbs I'm thinking of going the light route any suggestions on caliber? I was thinking about a Sherman Short . I live in central Mt and walk a lot

Guess I'm kind of confused...(not a surprise for me) but you mention having a "beautiful 6.5 Creed Savage. Guess my first thought is/was stick with that and go hunt!

Or are you wanting an additional rifle? I see a bunch of suggestions from short action rounds to long ones...?

I'm probably missing something eh?

Guess I'm kind of confused...(not a surprise for me) but you mention having a "beautiful 6.5 Creed Savage. Guess my first thought is/was stick with that and go hunt!

Or are you wanting an additional rifle? I see a bunch of suggestions from short action rounds to long ones...?

I'm probably missing something eh?

I think that he said that it weighs 23 pounds…….without the "tracks"! 😂 memtb

Have you considered one of the short mags. 300 wsm, or 7mm wsm. I'm in my mid 70s and run a brake and don't find them hard to shot. 300 wsm is probably about 8.5-9 lbs. 7mm wsm is fairly lite 7 lbs. Unlike my friend memtb, I don't mind a brake. But we all have likes and dislikes. Good luck with your decision and yes it will get expensive.

Recent Posts