Fierce Edge vs Edge Carbon vs Fury Carbon

Hey WesternH6 any updates? I am looking into the Fierce rifles and would love to hear from you.

BTW, long time So Cal, Central Cali Coast, and Central Vlly guy, now in Washington.

Hey WesternH6 any updates? I am looking into the Fierce rifles and would love to hear from you.

BTW, long time So Cal, Central Cali Coast, and Central Vlly guy, now in Washington.
It's been a tough and interesting road to get this gun! To make a long story short, I won't be ordering guns through Bass Pro anymore. But last week I was finally able to gain some traction and was able to order one that is guaranteed to be new in the box and not a banged up display model. The only problem is I won't be getting it for another 60-90 days. So hopefully in 2-3 months I'll have a better update. This experience has been a royal pain in the rear.

Lucky you, you made it out! You're not missing much, things just keep getting wonkier by the day. Hahaha

I've owned few fierce rifles ,early edge 7 rem (junk) before they knew what QC was , 28 nosler fury long range which was awesome shooter but suffered from the Sako ejection issues , and a edge TI 270 wsm which was okay but I currently have a Rival in 7 rem steel barrel which is by far there best action yet. I would not own another edge or fury for that reason. The rivals have trigger tech trigger which you can not beat and are based on rem 700 action which is also hard to beat and would fit McMillan or other rem 700 based stocks.
Check out the rivals before you commit to a Sako copy fierce !!

Good luck with the rifle, I'd like to see a range report. I ordered in January a 300 Weatherby Maverick from Alamo Precision Rifles in Texas. It cost $2850 with a couple of upgrades (trigger, brake, pic rail), hoping it gets here soon as they quoted 14-16 weeks for the build.

I've owned few fierce rifles ,early edge 7 rem (junk) before they knew what QC was , 28 nosler fury long range which was awesome shooter but suffered from the Sako ejection issues , and a edge TI 270 wsm which was okay but I currently have a Rival in 7 rem steel barrel which is by far there best action yet. I would not own another edge or fury for that reason. The rivals have trigger tech trigger which you can not beat and are based on rem 700 action which is also hard to beat and would fit McMillan or other rem 700 based stocks.
The Rival sounds like a top notch rifle. I think I would like the vertical grip better than the Fury/Edge models too.

Sorry, late to this. My carbon fury in 300wsm is sub MOA with everything I feed through it. No feeding issues and has 2 elk (620 yards, 310 yards) and 4 deer (60-240 yards).

I can't imagine wanting anything else out of a rifle.

So I haven't forgot about everyone. My gun just came in 2 days ago! This whole thing has been quite the process. Now I get to wait 10 more days thanks to the oh so knowledgeable politicians in California. 🙄 In the little bit of time I was able to handle the gun in the store, I am very happy with the fit and finish. And the bolt is buttery smooth. I will keep everyone posted on how it shoots.

I have a live hate with Bass Pro. I'm in CA too and the only gun I ever bought (or will buy) from BPS was a little 10-22. It took me almost 2 hours to complete the paperwork and wait for someone to "verify" it when I bought the gun. After waiting the 10 days I went to go pick it up. That took me another few hours. Apparently there was only 1 person in the store that had the authority to release guns to the customer and he just left for lunch. I decided to wait and noticed there were about 5 other guys sitting around waiting. I asked if they were waiting fir their gun too and they all looked at me and said YES.

These big box retailers need to get their stuff together if they are going to sell guns. I even asked to speak to the manager and he came down and told me "sorry but there is nothing I can do"

I have a live hate with Bass Pro. I'm in CA too and the only gun I ever bought (or will buy) from BPS was a little 10-22. It took me almost 2 hours to complete the paperwork and wait for someone to "verify" it when I bought the gun. After waiting the 10 days I went to go pick it up. That took me another few hours. Apparently there was only 1 person in the store that had the authority to release guns to the customer and he just left for lunch. I decided to wait and noticed there were about 5 other guys sitting around waiting. I asked if they were waiting fir their gun too and they all looked at me and said YES.

These big box retailers need to get their stuff together if they are going to sell guns. I even asked to speak to the manager and he came down and told me "sorry but there is nothing I can do"
That is the states plan, make it so difficult that retailers give up. Places like Walmart that have high employee turnover spend too much money training people. They gave up selling ammunition and guns at all three stores by me.

I'm with you on having a love hate relationship. My grandfather is an FFL, so I usually go through him and never have to deal with any of this. Unfortunately he can't pay people with bass pro gift cards! Haha So I had to go through BP on this deal. I don't foresee buying guns through BP again in the future.

The safety features of the Sako/Fierce action (ability to lock bolt in place with safety on, has a lever to open bolt with safety on and shell in chamber). I attended the Fierce long range class (strongly recommend) and was able to shoot factory ammo with unbelievable results Better than 1/2" MOA able to shoot multiple targets clear out to coyote silhouette at 1,337 yards. Absolutely recommend Fierce rifles - mine is Fury Long Range 300 RUM. Be sure to compare how the safety works on the Rival vs the other Fierce rifles before you purchase.

Recent Posts