Favorite Brass

Mr.Moa

Whats you favorite brass to reload or what brand gives you the best accuracy? mine is nosler custom brass

From my experience....
1=Lapua
2=Norma
3=Nosler

The rest can be just fine. But, you may have to sift through a lot more cases to get uniform lots.

Also, I like Nosler because it's basically "ready to load". However, I got a couple of boxes with a lot of runout. I complained and Nosler replaced them without blinking.

-- richard

1. Lapua
2. Winchester

I have acquired some "rarer than hen's teeth" RWS brass for my .308win F-T/R rifle, and also have some for my 300 ackley IMP coming. Will have too see how that stacks up against the Lapua.

I have acquired some "rarer than hen's teeth" RWS brass for my .308win F-T/R rifle,

Midway had a sale of loaded RWS 308 ammo that was cheaper than raw brass. I had a friend who got 80 rounds and fired it in his barrel so I am now 80 round to the good on RWS brass.

BB,
Yes that's where I got my .308 win brass. Also a buddy of mine in Germany bought just under 3 tonnes of once fired rws, norma, and another euro headstamp brass. Mixed in basically all calumets. He paid just over raw material prices for it! Got it from a gun manufacturer that used the ammo to zero and test fire rifles before being shipped.
He is going to give me brass when I go visit home in the summer.

RWS hands down- Never lost a case!

Nosler seems fine for domestic stuff. SHooting 300 RUM and Edge with the Nosler but I am not pushing it like I can with RWS.

Neal

Bought 300 pieces of Lapua in 308 from a nice Canadian recently. He was worried that a few weren't completely tarnish free. Man that stuff is nice. Every piece is just like every other piece and loads sooooo easy. When the Dr lets me go back to the range, I've already got several different test loadings set up for evaluation.

Bill

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts