Favorite 300wm brass?

Precision hunter

Formerly 'ijemerson'
What's everyone's favorite 300wm brass? I've been using federal for years and I have gotten great accuracy and velocity but the primer pockets are the weak point for that brass. I have considered moving to the 300 Norma with my SRS A1 for the small bump in velocity and Lapua brass but the cost of brass, dies, extra bolt, more powder, and crappier barrel life deters me.

Has anyone found decently priced quality 300wm brass that will last more than 10-15 firings with moderately stout loads?

I have always found my 80's era Lapua brass (made by Norma) to be the most consistent for capacity, followed closely by Norma (lighter) and Winchester.
Years ago, I had best results from Remington brass, it was very consistent once prepped correctly.
Have recently used ADG, it is on par with Winchester for hardness, but capacity is quite less.
Norma is very good, but softer than other brands, just as is Federal in my experience.

I still get good groups using blue/white bags on Winchester brass, the red/white bags are not the same as years gone by, good for plunking, not good for much else.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.