Favorite neck turner

Ua26fitter

I'm going to need a neck turner soon.
what is everyone favorite.
I've been looking at the Century 21 and it looks like a nice set up. not sure on the cost with everything ready to go. Will probably need it to turn .270 Win, .308, and my 30-28 Nosler.
Are there other good options for less money.
I don't shoot competition so it will be for hunting and target plinking.

Kris

I have both 21st Century and K&M set-ups and prefer the K&M tools. Both will do the job, so it comes down to personal preference.

I have 8 K&M turners - one for each barrel. l no longer need to diddle around with the setting for my tight necks.

On the recommendation of a friend, I bought a PMA turner this year with 6 and 30 cal mandrels. I like it better than the K&M. My only complaint is that it is difficult to duplicate the settings when I need to cut fresh brass.

I currently use the Sinclair 1500 for my benchrest cases. Once I get it set for exactly what I want I put a label on it and leave it that way. I use a Forrester for making any initial cuts to remove some brass if needed.

I'm also buying a 21st Century to see if it's any better.

I bought the 21 Century neck turning tool kit and added the shell holder and driver. I will get the lathe at a later date. I also have a neck wall thickness gauge that I used to measure all my cases first and then set my neck turner up to have them all the same, with the exception of a few that were a little thinner. These will be fouler cases.

I was not able to find all the good brass I wanted at one time. Sometimes waiting 8 months or more to find good brass again. But, I was able to turn new brass to the same thickness as previously turned cases. I have 4 different calibers I load for. I have cut a few cases to thin before trying to setup a different neck turning tool. So far I have not had to scrap any cases with the 21 Century turner.

I don't understand why you would order the 30 cal for a .270?

If you buy the 30 cal neck tuner all you have to do is change mandrels. OP is going to turn neck for 270. Mandrel part that fit neck turner/expander die is same size as 30 cal and be same size if you turner necks for 6mm. If you looked at those mandrel you see top is larger in Dia. If you have K&M you buy one neck turner and different mandrels for the expander/turner

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.