Forster neck turner question?

Those rings look like rough chamber reamer marks. Your neck turner should not touch the shoulders (except perhaps for about .0002" into the neck-shoulder junction.

I have the Forester trimmer/turning attachment, and do not like it. The cut is too coarse. If I am removing say .0008" or more from the neck, I will rough cut about half with the Forster and finish with the K&M.

BlackKnight755, I have seperate thread about its chamber http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f37/how-would-you-rate-chamber-job-75476/ , its Savage factory barrel from LRPV in 6mm BR.

Here is my 500 yard groups with it, shot them yesterday:

6mmnorma31.jpg

6mmnorma32.jpg

6mmnorma33.jpg

Now I'm getting very close to change barrel on it, since I believe it messes up brass every time its fired.

I did researched on K&M few years back, and I might give it a try, but I got all of the pilots for Forster now, its sort of hard to give it up...

If it is only rough with rings, then the smith should be able to clean it up properly.

If it was cut off-center as indicated in the other thread, then there's not much that can be done unless maybe you bore the chamber concentric and ream to a larger case such as 6x47 Lapua.

I think your shooting is pretty good. But, the cost of the brass sure makes a new barrel look more attractive.

-- richard

Why do you continue to flog this dead horse, the chamber is crap, everything that comes from it will be crap and never concentric again! You can plant the brass next to the barrel!

Jinx,

I read some of the other posts on your other thread. I saw that you said that your smith suggested a new barrel, if I went that way I think I'd ask him to either use another reamer or something. Also, the smith cut the old chamber out when he went .500" into the barrel so the marks are coming from his reamer not Savages.

yep dead horse it is, the chatter on the shoulders and neck is all his work, but he got rid of the ones on the body, because he ruined my barrel I think I'll stay away from his services. why beat dead horse, well just getting myself prepared to buy new barrel that's all...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.