Fair price for reloading?

the greatest worry would be the legal kind ie: personal, business, and non licensed ammo business I have for years done load workups for customers and given them the data for there personal use, with a release of liability from them as per my attorneys advice. all has gone well to date

I have been reloading for a couple buddies that recently had custom rifles built. They are paying for all of the components themselves and I basically just have my time in it. I also will take the rifles out and shoot them when doing load development. I'm not trying to make a bunch of money off them but they have insisted on paying and I would like to know if anyone has done something similar and what you charged/how you came up with your price. Appreciate any insight.

I have been reloading for a couple buddies that recently had custom rifles built. They are paying for all of the components themselves and I basically just have my time in it. I also will take the rifles out and shoot them when doing load development. I'm not trying to make a bunch of money off them but they have insisted on paying and I would like to know if anyone has done something similar and what you charged/how you came up with your price. Appreciate any insight.
They will never get the most out of their rigs until they learn how to reload for them self's. I reloaded some hunting rounds one time for a friend custom for his rifle. Worked them up in his rifle. I explained to him that they were custom to his chamber only. First thing I knew he had given some away.

I had a hunting rifle I loaded for and after checking the chamber it was exactly minimum SAAMI specs. First non custom gun I've ever owned or found with a chamber that tight. After that I'd help my friends in the right direction but friends seem not to be friends much when something catastrophic happens

I hate to have to mention this, but...

As a lawyer I know that if anything goes wrong, you, as the reloader, will most likely be defending yourself in court. Even though you would likely win, even going to court would be very expensive. Presume your minimum legal bill would be $10,000, and that's if you win. While we all wish this wasn't something you should have to worry about, it is real. Make sure you charge SOMETHING to at least cover SOME of the risk you are absorbing.

If they were to buy the cartridges from lets say Sportsman's Warehouse for $40.00 per box. Reloading using components bullets @ $39.99, Powder $50.00, Primers $100.00 add tax 8.9% = $208.55. Let's say you can get 400 rounds assembled from all the components, without your labor cost is $.52 x 20 (assembled cartridges ) = $10.42 per box. Saving to your friend is $40.00 - $10.42 = $29.58 per box. I say a bottle of Blanton's Bourbon @199.99 between for each friend per 500 rounds is a good number. Invite them for drinks when you open the bottle because they're friend. If that's too much go for some 12 year old scotch.

I hate to have to mention this, but...

As a lawyer I know that if anything goes wrong, you, as the reloader, will most likely be defending yourself in court. Even though you would likely win, even going to court would be very expensive. Presume your minimum legal bill would be $10,000, and that's if you win. While we all wish this wasn't something you should have to worry about, it is real. Make sure you charge SOMETHING to at least cover SOME of the risk you are absorbing.
This is why I only reload for Lawyers. Keep 3-4 of em indebted to you. 😬

I reload for a fellow Veteran and I don't charge him anything but he insists on buying me bullets brass and other components for rifles that I have and he doesn't. I feel kind've awkward but he industrial on it. However, I don't take his guns to the range, he does. I've been reloading for 51 years and I really don't mind doing it for him. It's like therapy for my ptsd.