factory accuracy?

elkins93

Got in a big debate today over who has better accuracy from the factory Remington, browning, or savage for weapons under a grand.

Whats the opinion of the lrh forum?

I'm not sure what it really matters what most of us think. Most of us probably don't have a lot of experience with every one of them. For me, I don't own any Remingtons or Savages

But I do own Brownings, they both shoot sub-moa, so my vote is Browning

I have several Remingtons, one Browning and one Savage. All of the Remington's shoot well, the browning shoots better. Now I will add an important factor here. All of those guns I bought and used before I reloaded. So factory ammo was all they saw.

The savage is a LRHunter hay I bought a few years ago and it by far shoots the best. But I also hand load for it. It's hard to call it a fair comparison like that, however I don't believe the other guns would shoot better with hand loads. The savage shoots one hole at 100 and around 1" at 500.

Attachments

• Like_zps00ba1bd0.jpg
    Like_zps00ba1bd0.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 66
In my group we shoot a Remington vtr in .223, a savage lrp in .260, and two savage ba, one is a .308 and the other a .338l. All of these rifles bug hole 5 shot groups at 100 and have been good out to at least 1k accuracy wise. I have had OK luck with tikka as well being sub moa but currently I only have savage and it will stay that way for bolt guns.

I don't shoot factory loads except in my 204's. I reload for them now but factory hornady 204 ammo was amazing out of my savage 10 predator 204. Still is but I reload.

I have not had rifle yet that didn't shoot .5 or less on hand loads. Most are savages, several are remingtons.

I want to know more about the debate. I've shot all 3 and I'm a Savage lover.gun)

Ive got a savage axis 30-06 that shoots about 6 inch 5 shot groups at 100 yards off a bipod.......

Got in a big debate today over who has better accuracy from the factory Remington, browning, or savage for weapons under a grand.

Whats the opinion of the lrh forum?
Browning A-Bolts are really nice with handloads from the factory.

Remington has some good options. And if you don't mind a heavy barrel, the new 700 Long Range would be an excellent option, and is offered in several different calibers to suit your needs.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts