Easy at home zero stop for Sightron S-Tac and SIII, and not the pvc ring

Ah yes, the original Leupold MK4 zero stop. 😂
I believe Kenton Industries did this some years back on some of their replacement turrets. Works well on rising turrets, however the manufacturer many frown upon this. My recommendation is to order another turret in case you ever have to send the scope in for repair.
Sage advice!

This is a great idea! However, I would suggest smoothing the cup point of the set screw so as to prevent the tip from gouging the contact surface under the turret cap, as set screws are designed to bite into the surface they contact to prevent movement.

Thank You !! Thank You!!! I have two 36X Sightron scopes. One came with the used 40 XB , in 6mm BR , I Purchased, and the second one I won at a Bench rest clinic. ( I think it was the prize for the MOST stupid questions. ) So I wonder if I can use your method to add zero stop the 36X Sightron. Do you think so???

Thank You !! Thank You!!! I have two 36X Sightron scopes. One came with the used 40 XB , in 6mm BR , I Purchased, and the second one I won at a Bench rest clinic. ( I think it was the prize for the MOST stupid questions. ) So I wonder if I can use your method to add zero stop the 36X Sightron. Do you think so???
I really can't say, you will need to pop the turret off and see if it is the same function as these

The best example zero stop method is employed by NF NXS, where turret turning is blocked rather than turret travel.
The problem with stopping travel, if not actually stopping turning with precision, is that you convert the turret into a jackscrew.

Here, you're relying on the setscrew to stop travel, with a digging into the scope body to stop turning.
If you smooth the contact end of the setscrew to mitigate digging, then the turning beyond initial contact -can keep turning.
It becomes less precise with actual turn stopping, functioning as a jackscrew each time until turning actually stops.
Picture an extreme example where you just kept turning, pulling the guts out of your scope.
You wouldn't do that, but ANY pulling on internals, and repeating of it, is bad in the long term.

I realize there are plenty of scope makers out there who imply that hokey methods won't hurt anything.
In some cases that may be true, but I would at least challenge them for basis.

The best example zero stop method is employed by NF NXS, where turret turning is blocked rather than turret travel.
The problem with stopping travel, if not actually stopping turning with precision, is that you convert the turret into a jackscrew.

Here, you're relying on the setscrew to stop travel, with a digging into the scope body to stop turning.
If you smooth the contact end of the setscrew to mitigate digging, then the turning beyond initial contact -can keep turning.
It becomes less precise with actual turn stopping, functioning as a jackscrew each time until turning actually stops.
Picture an extreme example where you just kept turning, pulling the guts out of your scope.
You wouldn't do that, but ANY pulling on internals, and repeating of it, is bad in the long term.

I realize there are plenty of scope makers out there who imply that hokey methods won't hurt anything.
In some cases that may be true, but I would at least challenge them for basis.
Well the whole subject revolves around people not paying attention dosent it?