To zero stop or not to zero stop

jcvibby

Non-Profit Sponsor
OK so I am going to buy a long range scope. I think it will a nightforce 5.5X22X50. I am contemplating the value of the zero stop. Is the zero stop worth the extra 180 dollars. I will be using this scope for a lot of different ranges but wanted to know your opinions. Thanks so much

I just got my first Nightforce,a short time ago. 5.5-22x50 with Zero Stop,I like the zero stop feature alot,you don't have to really look at anything.
Guns865.jpg

you cant go wrong with the zero stop feature. just having the ability to know that you can dial to any range, fire, and then be almost instantly back on your original zero is outstanding. just imagine you take a long range shot at a deer, you miss and the buck takes off running at you, you had dialed to a 580yd impact and now you have to dial back down to your zero. with the zero stop all you do is dial back until it stops and bamm your there. no looking to make sure you are on zero, no making sure you are on line 3 or 4. just hit that bottom mark and feel confident

the zero stop feature has increased our hunting sales of NF tons, it is great to have.

have a good un
steve

What Steve said.

The advantage of the zero stop is the ability to reflexively adjust your shot under pressure, return to zero quickly if in a jam, and get back on track fast. Speed kills. On a scope that has turrets that can turn a bazillion times, I would think it's a very good idea. The other way to do it is have a turret that covers much ground in a couple of turns e.g. S&B double turn or IOR 3-18 FFP (36MOA per turn).

Scott

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.