Sightron SIII 6-24x50 new zero stop for 2018

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by 257Tony, Jun 25, 2018.

1. 257Tony

257Tony Well-Known Member

Anyone actuall seen one of these in the wild yet? I always thought the lack of a zero stop was the only thing keeping the SIII from being the perfect scope for a LR hunting rig. Hopefully they get to market quick!

http://sightronusa.com/product/siiiss624x50lrzsmoa/

2. hunterdan

hunterdan Well-Known Member

I have sent back two S111 scopes to them and had them install the new Zero Stop Turret on them. Really like it. That was only thing the sightron was lacking.

3. dok7mm

dok7mm Well-Known Member

That's a great update. The SIII is a very good long range optic with excellent tracking, especially at their price. Now if they will offer it with 1 moa reticle + the zero stop, they'll have a winner.

Canhunter35 and 257Tony like this.
  4. 257Tony

What did they charge you for that service?

5. hunterdan

hunterdan Well-Known Member

Don't have the receipt in front of me but it was around $160 per scope for the zero stop turret.

257Tony likes this.
  6. Barrelnut

Barrelnut Well-Known Member

This is very good. I wish they would just add illumination to it also. Plus the 1 MOA reticle, mentioned above, and they would be killing it.

257Tony likes this.
  7. Wedgy

Wedgy Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  8. joseph singleton

joseph singleton Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

9. 257Tony

I have seen those, the only thing that kept me from going that route is you would have to get a new one if you ever changed loads right? The factory style looks like it's headed and can easily be moved up and down with load changes.

10. Wedgy

Wedgy Well-Known Member

Correct, but for $20, what the heck. Also it's simple to make you own with the nylon washers for Lowe's/Depot and just grind it a little thinner or add one if you change loads/zero.

11. Canhunter35

Canhunter35 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the above comments. I emailed sightron mentioning a 1moa reticle also. They asked if I could accurately hold 1moa in the wind. Lol

Barrelnut likes this.
  12. dirtking

dirtking Well-Known Member

Has anyone tested one of these new scopes yet? How does the zero stop work?

13. Steven Skins

Steven Skins New Member

I have had the SIII with zero stop for a couple months now. So far it’s proving to be a great scope. Clarity is good and the clicks are crisp, not sloppy. I was concerned with durability but after beating the hell out of it attached to my rhino the zero held true. The sight has returned to zero after numerous occasions of shooting out to 800 yards with no concerns.
    The zero stop is easy to use and has held tight. It’s a collar with set screws that screws up to but against the turret. Much like a reloading die. Simple and easy.
    My only complaint is I dislike how the turrets are locked into place by a single screw. It makes zeroing difficult
    Overall great scope for the money and I look forward to seeing how it can hold up while I continue to beat it up. I primary use it for Coues Deer hunting in the high desert and that terrain is not forgiving.

I hope this helps someone out.

Canhunter35 and 257Tony like this.
  14. Steven Skins

Steven Skins New Member

A couple pics of the scope

Attached Files:

257Tony likes this.