sightron sIII zero stop fix?

fisherman983

so ive ordered a new scope from my gunsmith., a sightron sIII 6-24LRMOA2. I know this optic does not have a zero stop, but it has all the other features in a scope I want and a great price. my question is have any of you put a home made zero stop on yours? if so what did you do and how does it work?

Browninglover1

I have buddies that have done aluminum washers inside the turret housing and just sanded them down to the right height. Others use rubber washers that go on the outside of the turret housing and you buy the correct thickness so your turret can't rotate another revolution below zero. Personally I'm going to make mine out of plastic and put them on the outside but will turn them with a lathe to get the height I want.

Lunchmeat79

I used the plastic ring that the cap of a 2 liter bottle is attached to. It fits right over the turret and is easy to sand down if you need to make it thinner

slm9s

I used the plastic ring that the cap of a 2 liter bottle is attached to. It fits right over the turret and is easy to sand down if you need to make it thinner
That's a great idea, I'll have to try that!