NIGHTFORCE, why .125moa click and zero stop not available!!

kanzervero

Hello
Maybe somebody of you guys have the answer or maybe I am wrong.

I would like to buy a NIghtforce scope for a TRG42 Sako, but I like one who have it .125 MOA per click and zero stop..!!! I cannot find anithing!!, like customer I have to decide if I like it the scope with zero stop or .125. Could be one with just one of those features... but not both; anybody have an idea why is that, or If I am wrong.

I looking for a 5.5-22X56 NXS

any help will be great
thanks in advance

I am agree with you at some point, but I would like to zeroing at 300yds and with .250 moa per click will be .75 inches, a little bit more than wath I like to move it per click

thanks

with the right formula!!! :) hell yes.

I have more experience with the .300 win mag, but I will try to do the same groups or better with this caliber

2 minutes on Nightforce's website showed they don't have .125 moa adjustments on the 5-22 models, but do in the 8-32 and 12-42 models. However, only the 8-32 has both 1/8 moa adjustments and zero stop. If you want both then that may be your only option, try giving them a call.

Thank you Bravo, I will give them a call. 8-32 will be OK, the only reazon i like better the 22x is because have more Moas in elevation adjustment (100 in 22 vs 65 in 32)

have an excellent day

No problem.
I gotta tell you though, I agree with Roy on the adjustments. I had a Leupold that had 1/10th moa adjustments on my long range rifle thinking along the same lines as you are. It drove me freaking nuts cranking the turrets at longer ranges! That didn't last long, I now have .1 mil adjustments (which are more coarse than .25 moa) and have shot it out to 1600 yards with no problems.

I am agree with you at some point, but I would like to zeroing at 300yds and with .250 moa per click will be .75 inches, a little bit more than wath I like to move it per click

thanks

I am not trying to debate what you are saying, but know what is most commonly used for long range shooting. Thus the reason NF offers it that way. You mentioned you wanted more elevation adjustment that the 65 in the 8x32. So I will assume you plan to go well past 1000 yards. I have shot 100's of rifles at 1000 plus yards with .25 moa turrets. We know .25 moa at 1000 yards is 2.61" that is a pretty fine adjustment for most shooters. The .125 moa turret will cut that in 1/2 to 1.30" per click. Do you really feel you will be able to realize the difference here? The .125 adjustment you are seeking will be 1/2 covered with the thickness of the reticle.

I only ask because I feel you might be going down a less desirable road and you are preparing to spend some big $$. I shoot the ATACR Nightforce on my ELR rig. So far I have taken it to 2971 yards. I do not feel I want a finer adjustment. The .25 moa works fine. I dialed up 119 moa to shoot to 2971, that is 476 clicks. I can't imagine having to dial 952 clicks with a .125 moa turret for this shot.

Not trying to talk you out of what you are doing. Just offering some food for thought and some of my personal data.

Good shooting!

Jeff

HIghly apreciatte Brozz!! you guys let me thinking in wath I really like it, and because is gonna cost me some dollars I want to be 100% sure wath I gonna buy

THanks for your commentaries, I am still between the 5-22X nightforce zero stop .250 MOA or the 8-32x .125 non zero stop. Making a little research the .125 with zero stop (both in one) nightforce didnt make it

And yes, my plan is go beyond 1000 yards
thanks

You are more than welcome sir. All I can tell you is I shoot very long range all the time. I own and have owned many many Nightforce scopes. The 5.5~22 NXS is a great long range scope and all my NF scopes are .25 moa.

Good luck and let us know what you buy.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.