Don't think it can't happen to you.

Dick, glad you didn't have to possibly ruin your life on some of that trash!

Good example of Rule # 3. "You don't want to die cause you were stupid!"

Glad ya'll now have a matched pair! Might want to get her a Green Dot on hers?

Good Luck

ss7mm,

My old friend, nothing you did was stupid! You played it right! I have to admit I was
cracking up pretty bad when I read "how bad do you want to find out?" , but
I believe that did it!

I've had my ccw for 15 years now and just renewed it for another five if I live that long,
the instructor said: "The day you forget to pack it, that's the day you'll need it", so I tell
the Lord I don't want to have to need it! Many times I have gotten in the car with my
wife and ....back in the house I go to get it.

About 8 years ago, my brother was driving home from work by himself in Texas and in the way he got hungry which made him go into the parking lot of a small restaurant. As he was trying to get into this parking spot, this pick up with four Hispanic guys very rudely cut into my bother's parking place; so he just used another space and without saying anything gave them a look as he was getting out of his car and one of them said to him with a grin on his face... "we are four"...
and my brother putting his hand inside his jacket said to them "we are 15" because he was packing a Glock 19... Needless to say that changed their attitude.

God loves sinners but He hates sin. Me, being a Hispanic, I love them people but I hate
the wrong doing that so many are marching after.

I'm very glad all worked out well!!!!! Take care of you both!

Wow!
I'm glad your ok Dick.
My wife learned the hard way at the old Walmart in Yakima. She had put the groceries in the pickup, then turned to pick up our (then 2 yr old) little girl Bailey out of the shopping cart seat. About that time a couple migrant workers ran up to her, shoved her onto the ground, away from the cart, & took off with the purse sitting next to our little girl.
She was so scared she just grabbed Bailey, flung her in the pickup, & locked the doors & called the police.
They did nothing. Neither did Walmart, & I was building the new one at that time. You probably remember how that ended with the migrant worker, drunk, with a gun, threatening us (supt,& asst supt) because his boss didn't pay him. That guy was arrested, then let free in less than 12 hrs, cause the arresting officer didn't use Spanish during the Miranda rights...... Strange how the guy could speak English making threats with his gun, but only spoke Spanish when arrested.
It's too bad how drugs, gangs, & crooked lawyers getting them off, has allowed a neat place like Yakima to be overrun by illegals. I know the entire town/county is based on picking fruit, & farm/ranch work, but nobody seems to be able to keep anyone in check anymore, due to pollitical correctness. You can't arrest an illegal without being labled a racist. You can only arrest the legals, & other honest, hard working people nowadays.
I'll still visit Yakima, but I won't go there unarmed anymore.
My wife now carries. I always have.

Glad your ok. Maybe you can send a letter to sherrif Joe in Az. for some assistance in taking back your town.

The building I "work" in is open to the public, average 1800 patrons per day, I'm on the main floor. Wife heads up the lobby crew. I roam around with "situational awarness" in mind. We have our dose of homeless, etc. One spectacular week was when the Fraternal Order of Police were in town for a convention.

What a wonderful group they are. A few came into the Family History Library on Monday. The numbers increased till all 95 computers were full from Tue till the end of the conference. I never felt so safe.

Security is immediately available, usually, behind a close by door. The building is private property with strict firearm restrictions. Yeah, right with the FOP folks.:) Really appreciated them. The are the nicest, most polite and investigative folks one would want to know.

There was a shooting in the lobby back in '85. One security, one public, and one worker were shot. The survivor an elderly lady is still there at the lobby every day. She is now 93 and going strong.

I'm aware of anything that can be used in offense or defense. I especially like the removable foot rests. 3'x 1.5" wood and metal foot rests. Whoo hooo.

You can't arrest an illegal without being labled a racist. You can only arrest the legals, & other honest, hard working people nowadays.
I'll still visit Yakima, but I won't go there unarmed anymore.
My wife now carries. I always have.

Glad your ok. Maybe you can send a letter to sherrif Joe in Az. for some assistance in taking back your town.
I think things are changing slowly but surely. A lot more arrests are being made and the penalties and time served are getting much longer. The city council is in the process of trying to hire 12 new city cops and we have a new Chief of Police that should be in place by spring so it's turning around slowly.

I'd love to have Sheriff Joe or his twin around here. The low life scums wouldn't think jail time was a vacation then. :)

"The day you forget to pack it, that's the day you'll need it", so I tell
the Lord I don't want to have to need it! Many times I have gotten in the car with my
wife and ....back in the house I go to get it.
I agree, I don't want to need it but it's comforting to know it's always there. All of us have either had a bad situation happen to us or know somebody that has. It's easy to be lax and think you can get by without it just this one time, but a lot of obituaries have been written about people that didn't think they really needed protection.

I'm glad you go back in the house when you forget my friend, keep momma safe.

Nice move.I pulled the same bluff in Las Vegas one night but I was looking down the barrel of a Hi Point ***,it made the "african american" punk jump back around a stairway and gave me a chance to run like hell,I made it around the corner of the apartment building and ran smak dab into the security patrol car,probably saved my ***.gun)

Awsome great choice my wife and I both carry G19s best dang pistols. What are you carring it in?
I'm using an ITAC retention type holster. It's adjustable 360 degrees for tilt/angle and I really like it except for one thing. The tilt/angle part makes the holster and thus the gun, ride out a little away from my side. I'll be looking for a retention type holster but hopefully one that rides in a little tighter.

I'm using an ITAC retention type holster. It's adjustable 360 degrees for tilt/angle and I really like it except for one thing. The tilt/angle part makes the holster and thus the gun, ride out a little away from my side. I'll be looking for a retention type holster but hopefully one that rides in a little tighter.
I have a Reven concelment kydex holster. I love it holds the weapon very secure to my side, rides high and tight.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.