Firearms that you can't part with

Consistent with my thread titled "Thinning The Heard", I've been doing just that. The first salvo consisted of several safe queens that I really liked but didn't shoot.

If I had to give up everything but one, it wouldn't be one of my many LR rigs that I'd save for last. I'll save my Marlin 1895 SBL for last. When I look through my photo albums, it's surprising to see just how many pigs, bears and deer I've dropped with this short-range but rather versatile rifle. Despite the fact that I'm a diehard crank rifle guy, there is just something very addictive about that levergun.
An awesome thread indeed!

A couple that I inherited and some I bought
My Dads presentation grade Fabrique Nationale in 270. Still setup the exact way he used it on his last hunt.
He gave me a Model 70 in 270 when I was about 14. I retired it when he passed away in 2002. It rode in a high rack truck hunting Trans Pecos mule deer for almost 30 years, my Dad was on every one of those hunts. Longest kill was 547 yds.
I bought a Browning Citori 2 barrel set in about 1982. My all time favorite shotgun.
A 22 rifle from my childhood.
I am way too sentimental.

Just acquired it. Most every rifle I have is a tool. If a better tool comes along I'll look at it. But I've been looking for this rifle for three decades. Browning B78 in 25-06.

Attachments

• Resized_20231209_115508.jpg
    Resized_20231209_115508.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 23