Do you name your rifles?

No, I don't. I've always felt naming guns/cars/motorcycles and things like that is pointless.

I do name my wildcat cartridges, because that separates them from something else.

414235651.jpg

MUCH easier to think about things (cognitive map) if they have a name, a tag, or sumthin'

So...

Lilja Black Walnut

Salt & Pepper .308

Black Composite .308

Clint's aught-six

Hugh's aught-six

Birch .243

... stuff like that

All of mine are addressed by make and caliber. A friend names every big game animal he kills which I find a bit strange.
I name some of my mounts. LOL. 1 is Nicolai another is Alfie, another is Hebo. NEVER name one before you shoot it. Did that one time and was I very sad after I got him...
Name my rifles? Heck no.
Named a few of my trucks though. One of the best I ever had was named Elroy.

I've got a 7mm Rem Mag built on a defiance action and proof carbon barrel. I named her Scarlett McSeven because she's a real sexy beast but can lay the hammer down when needed. All my other stuff is referred by its make and caliber.

I ran out of names about the same time I filled my 2nd Gun Safe.

I organize them by manufacturer, cartridge, and how frequently I access a given rifle.

If I were discussing them regularly with kids, friends, family members etc who would recognize names I might go back to names but mostly they seem silly to me.