Do you name your rifles?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by mrjashu, Jun 10, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

2. DWK

DWK Well-Known Member

African Rifle in 470NE. The geezer buddy who owns it calls it "Double Trouble".

3. OhYtD

OhYtD Well-Known Member

A friend of mine has military nick for all his rifle and some handguns too.

4. Kim Woodrow

Kim Woodrow New Member

I only have one gun with a name. It's a custom built Mauser action 22-250 in a maple stock with an old Weaver 10 power scope. It's called 'Dad's Gun' because it was.

Barrelnut, Hatrick and Frog4aday like this.
  5. Revolting Peasant

Revolting Peasant Member

I have an old Rem 700 Police that has stuck through thick and thin. “Thumper” from Disney, or alternately called “Miss Piggy” cause of the weight. When I slide her in my Eberlestock the guys say I am humping the Pig.
    Grandkids don’t quite know what to make of that one lol.

therifleman556 likes this.
  6. Nalgi

Nalgi Active Member

My 300 WSM (Mod. 70 Featherweight) was named by my Instructor at Gun Site. We were shooting from several positions, one being squatting. My 300 WSM has a healthy recoil and knocked me over. The instructor called me a wimp so I handed him my rifle and said lets see you do it!
    It knocked him over too. He then dubbed her, "The Punisher".

the hunter likes this.
  7. Remmy700

Remmy700 Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

I name all my guns also. On my commute home everyday right off the side of the interstate is a big sign for a strip club which always has who the premier stripper will be for that weekend! They be getting creative with their names so I got a bunch of rifles with some sexy stripper names!

therifleman556 likes this.
  8. Nalgi

Nalgi Active Member

you're leaving us hanging...

9. Remmy700

No I aint lol. I will show you a few with pics of them so you can see how well that names suites their personality! Once I get off work! But just a few Beatrix Diamond, Desiree Kitty, Stormy Coco and Fantasia Chesty!

10. Remmy700

And I got a few just regular ho names also, like Lindsay Lohan and Norma Jean!

11. Lefty7mmstw

Lefty7mmstw Well-Known Member

lots of Thumper's here... My Thumper in a 8#(scoped weight) Remington 700 sps lightweight 1 of 500 in 375h&h tossing 300 tsx pills
    I've also got Thumper junior; a Remington 700 lh bdl in 300 rum I run 225's in. It's the only rifle I've seen my brother tear up while shooting (back when it ate 180's at 3400+ fps with I 5010 pushing)
    My 300 win is simply the Browning... it's a lh A-bolt2 stainless stalker wearing a 24x Bausch and Lomb scope. When I'm musing on what rifle to take out my wife will simply say take the Browning. I rarely hunt the rifle and not bring home meat for the freezer.
    My customized 7stw (rem 700 lh) is simply the stw... gotta get more creative with that one as it has a habit of braining bucks...
    I had a rem 700 bdl lh just out of high school I called George... I ran 1,000 rounds of 30-06 ammo through it in a month once and still have a scar on my shoulder from George...

12. Manastash

Manastash New Member

“Yard sale” a Grendel I pieced together and is on of my favorites. “The Rolex” my custom rifle, because I have a Casio to tell the time.

13. just country

just country Well-Known Member

morning, to many to name. justme gbot tum

14. therifleman556

therifleman556 Well-Known Member

Maybe some pictures of your rifles too for good measure :cool:

Frog4aday, the hunter and Remmy700 like this.