Do you name your rifles?

My 28 oz Estwing hammer has "500 Magnum" written on it in sharpie, has a long history in concrete building construction, 10 lb sledge hammer with handle cut down is "Mjolnir" with lightning bolts drawn in sharpie, use it for pounding stakes into compacted gravel base for forming concrete slabs, and dealing with stubborn objects..... cordless impact guns and drills are named 454 Casull and 44 Mag, the huge concrete hammer drill is "Big Turd", my favorite 6ft Stabila level is "Kate", forklifts, scissor lifts and snorkel lifts all have nicknames,

gotta live a little and enjoy the road trip through life, stick in butt just makes an angry fella

My work tools have my initials and clock number engraved in them..but no names?
My friends call me Haney after that guy on Green Acres. I'll sell anything!
Except Linda (wife) there might be legal issues with selling her! If I can make a few bucks it's gone!

My 308's name is li'l Suzy

308-2_zps4yptoeyr.jpg

I used to reload for 2 friends in competion matches, along with my own 3 rifles, so I would sometimes have 3 or 4 slightly different loadings in the same caliber. Two were tube guns, one was painted white, and 3 had laminates.
4 became, Big Blue, Grey Ghost, Joe, and Tighty Whitey... Never got the ammo confused. The others were a 30BR, and a 6BRDX, so no names. The first 4 were all 6.5-284's.

Interesting. I can't recall ever naming one of my guns but I like the creativity you guys show in naming yours. When I was an SP in the USAF, one of my co-workers decided his M-16 was "Haboo" and he would talk to it at times. Just one of those things that made me go, "Hmmmm..."

Once I became the armorer, the guns were all numbered so that's how we referred to them (Rack placement and position in that rack, so something like: A-5 or C-12.)

As I think about it, numbers or calibers are fine, but names are COOL! The A-10 is a nice plane identifier, but the "Warthog" is bad-a_ss. The Honda CBR929RR was a good motorcycle, but calling it a "Fireblade" made it sound like a road-weapon. I may have to come up with names for my 'favorite' guns now that you've got me thinking about it.

My Remington 700 titanium in .308 Win is going to be first to get a name and it will be called 'son-of-a-b_i_t_c_h' because every time I pull the trigger on that super light thing and it kicks me so hard that those words just tumble from my mouth.
I think The Mule would be a better name...

people name pets , cars, pool cues all sorts of things why I was named dam you till little s h i _ graced me the best part of ownership of anything is you can do what ever you want to do and if it makes your little girl happy , let her name it who cares you win in the only eyes of the only person who matters ... now if you take it too far like the Charmin commercial with the bears squeezing and hugging tp that could be a bit much other wise all is good .

One of my Son's asked me if I had any names for my guns a few years ago and at that time all I had was "lil thumper" for my little Guide model 45-70... for obvious reasons.
He told me I should name my RUM "John Henery" (he likes to listen to a lot of old music).
I just can't seem to bring myself to call that sexy SAKO (RUM) a name like John Henery so I may start calling the 45-70 that.
The only other names for guns I have is my ruger 10/22 that I grew up with I call "Grouse Getter" for obvious reasons and my so called buddy's and my boys think it is funny that they got the name "Squirrel Gun" to stick for my 6.5 CM. and no it has never shot a squirrel.

When I was in high school, I decided to start "customizing" my rifle. I had bought a Model 17 Enfield .30/06. The first thing I did was take it to wood shop, and put a chunk of walnut on it. In high school? Maybe that will tell you how old I am, lol.
Later, I did quite a bit to it.
It now has a round receiver on it with Weaver QD mounts, a Weaver V5 scope, Daiton-Traisiter trigger, cock-on-opening firing pin, and...oh, yeah, a Douglas .300 WinMag barrel, hence it's name. One day after school, I laid aboard against a 3' high, round boulder. The first shot split the boulder in two at the middle. At that moment, she became "Luci."
Why? Short for Lucifer's Hammer!
"Baby" is another toy I carry from time to time. She is a Browning M71 in .375/348 Improved. I fear NOTHING when I take my "Baby" for a walk. I carried her when I lived in Alaska. I am too much of a wuss to carry a .450 Alaskan, like several of my buddys.
Have fun,
Gene