Do we overvalue sentimental value of our guns?

There are 2 or 3 that were my Dads and a couple that I have owned since I was big enough to own one. While those may not have monetary value, they have priceless sentimental value to me.

My deceased Dads Fabrique Nationale presentation grade 270 is worth a fair price but it is worth a thousand times more than that to me. He killed a train car load of game with it and I was standing beside him for many, many of those. Hard to replace that.

My daughters have asked me "is Trey (my son) getting all of those guns"? I also made an inventory of all of the sentimental ones and the "just guns" ones. They all loved having that information and the story that I wrote about each one of them.

Our love of firearms is usually pretty deep. At least in my case it is. I bought a lot of tired, worn guns and learned to gunsmith on them. They were all fixed up and now have value. This past summer while rearranging my shop the wife started asking about the stuff and figured I have 5 figures in reloading crap alone. Kind of shocked me because it sorta creeped up on me. Years of buying adds up! I have had to sell a gun that belonged to my dad when I was young and needed kids Christmas money. I regret that still some 30 years on. But as another poster said...if my kids sell something I hope they get what they want out of it. My hope is that I'm coherent enough to divy the stuff up prior to my demise. I'd hate to leave my family burdened with my stuff or get ripped off by a local jerk buyer.
Then do the smart thing and put their names on the important stuff now...the
way you want to see it! Then get a comfy chair, and good set of binos...kick back in Heaven....and watch them fight over the little things!

...since they all won't fit in the coffin with you.. the better question is " will those I love, cherish them as much as I did", unfortunately in these days the answer maybe "how much are they worth"....

Mine are all bequeathed in my Last Will and Testament. All going to relaitives and friends who will use and appreciate them and I have a few very collectable long guns and handguns. MY family all hunts and so do my friends. I align myself with those that share my passion.
Why wait until you are gone to bequeath your guns? Enjoy the fun of handing those guns to the intended recipient in person. If you are still able to shoot, continue enjoying them yurself, with understanding they physically pass on your passing. Consider shooting the specific guns with the beneficiary while you are still able, building memories that will enhance the ownership for the beneficiary.