This is why we use Lane suppressors on our school guns

Barbourcreek

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
Cleaning suppressors during Christmas break this is what three months of continuous use looks like at Barbourcreek LongRange Shooting School

The carbon on the floor was a combination of five suppressors we are using our school guns each one had approximately 4000 rounds through it in about four months, guns are cleaned every 180 rounds and caliber is 6.5 Creedmoor

Attachments

• A4DC40AB-B593-413E-9E30-88257C9F5FB4.jpeg
    A4DC40AB-B593-413E-9E30-88257C9F5FB4.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 132
  • B3F1666C-281C-4806-89CC-23666E47583B.jpeg
    B3F1666C-281C-4806-89CC-23666E47583B.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Howdy, first off I don't have a suppressor but I have been thinking about them. With all the carbon in the suppressor, do you find cleaning the barrel more often. With the added carbon? And possibly reduced barrel life?🙄

Okay, how many rounds was shot? I didn't see that anywhere. What is [ normal] for rounds shot before you clean everything. And I'm sure there's a lot of variation, Cal., Magnum, Ultra mag.... That looks like a lot?

Sorry, I was distracted when I was writing my comment. That's a lot of carbon building up, that has to travel down the barrel. So you would have more carbon building up then what you would be used to. I guess like normal you watch for accuratesie to go away. 😉👍

I edited the post to answer all the questions here is a copy
The carbon on the floor was a combination of five suppressors we are using our school guns each one had approximately 4000 rounds through it in about four months, guns are cleaned every 180 rounds and caliber is 6.5 Creedmoor

I edited the post to answer all the questions here is a copy
So you had 4000 rounds down each surpressor? I have a lane surpressor also, I clean mine like once a year but don't shoot near that often. I just soak mine in a pan of hornady one shot sonic cleaner over nite take it out and apart usually just comes apart very easy, no air hammer. Then I will scrap some of the carbon off if there's some tuff stuff I'll soak it some more and scrape the rest off. Shoot I don't know if I have 4000 rounds down my can all together. Proably more like 2000. Currently only shoot it on 3 rifles, need to get some more threaded.