Deer rifle build.

Factory ammo a plus and I can reload.
if this is true, 7mm-08. every store ive ever been to had 08 on the shelf
but lately i have always seen 6.5cm too. i dont think that is going anywhere.
now for reloading, the sky's the limit. but i think too, what if the kids grow up to just want to shoot and not reload and youre gone?
not to be morbid but i factor in the future on these thoughts, just my nature.

I love my 6.5 prc, 20" barrel with a suppressor is a joy to shoot. 125 hammer HHTs will destroy anything in its path less than 350 no problem

7mm-08, 270 win, or 6.5 PRC . If reloading you can seat bullets long in the long action. I personally run a 6.5 PRC in a long action. 7-08 and 270 are easy button to find ammo on the shelf

It's like nobody even reads the entire post anymore...the OP has a long action standard bolt face!

So save the Creed, PRC, 7/08, etc nonsense for other posts 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

It's like nobody even reads the entire post anymore...the OP has a long action standard bolt face!

So save the Creed, PRC, 7/08, etc nonsense for other posts 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
At what point can you not run a short action cartridge in a long action rifle? All Tikka are long action with bolt stops, a Remington m24 in 308 is a long action. And like I stated I personally run a 6:05 PRC in a long action with no issues. So ask why is this nonsense?

At what point can you not run a short action cartridge in a long action rifle? All Tikka are long action with bolt stops, a Remington m24 in 308 is a long action. And like I stated I personally run a 6:05 PRC in a long action with no issues. So ask why is this nonsense?

Because 98% of people don't run a short action cartridge in a long action.

A 6.5 PRC is a mag bolt face, so again, nonsense.

You can very easily run a 260ai, 7/08, creed, etc in a long action. The only nonsense is preaching you can't.

Why would you want to? Those are designed for a short action and function 100% in a short action. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Why would you want to? Those are designed for a short action and function 100% in a short action. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Because I can't fit 260 round in a SA mag loaded out to my spec reamer with 153.5gn Berger hybrids, maximizing my powder capacity in the case. I'd choose long action all day over short action for a number of cartridges.

Because 98% of people don't do something isn't nonsense that just means you follow the herd. Boat face are not doesn't make a difference. And I will say this the reason I run a long action with that 6.5 PRC is because I also run that same action with a different barrel in a 300 win mag. One action with options. The other reason is that 6.5 PRC when I load it in a short action I don't have the length in my magazine to seat out as far as I want. So what do you have to say about tikkas running nothing but long actions and the military haven't used the m24 chambered in 308 as a long action? My guess is you think that they're nonsense also

Because I can't fit 260 round in a SA mag loaded out to my spec reamer with 153.5gn Berger hybrids, maximizing my powder capacity in the case. I'd choose long action all day over short action for a number of cartridges.

The OP wants to run factory ammo, so you "maximizing" your powder capacity is, once again, nonsense.