Damaged proof research barrel

RB II

I have a barrel that has damage. Two scratches approximately 1/2" long on opposing side of the barrel. The surface fibers, at a minimum, are damaged and sticking out. The scratches appear to be 1/16" or greater deep. Can these be repaired? Any idea on the cost to make these repairs? Pics attached.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 300 prc barrel damage pic 1.jpg
    300 prc barrel damage pic 1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 300 prc barrel damage pic 2.jpg
    300 prc barrel damage pic 2.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 140
Epoxy resin and some chopped fiberglass will fix the visual issues, a little black RIT dye will further disguise it.

I doubt very seriously that barrel is compromised, but you can have a gunsmith look at it.

Some rubbing alcohol can be used to see how deep or if there are any deep delaminations, put the alcohol on the crack, paper towel the excess and see how long it takes the remainder to "flash off". The shorter the time, the shallower the damage, the longer, the deeper the damage and worthy of a visit to the gunsmith or back to Proof for inspection.

I suppose the greater question is would you accept this damage when buying a barrel and the damage was not revealed/known until you received it and did your own visual inspection. The packaging was sufficient and the packing box was not damaged, so not damaged during transportation.

I would add that the barrel was used, so the seller/individual had to have known about the damage.

They should exchange that. Their best video is the beating the concrete cinema block to pieces with their barrel then putting it on a gun and shooting it. I would send it back 100 percent

Did you contact the seller and if so, what was their response? Was the package damaged?

If it wasn't dirt cheap, I'd send it back.
I did contact the seller, he said it wasn't too bad and didn't affect the performance. I told him to refund the money. Haven't heard back.

The package wasn't damaged.