Proof research barrels?

I know they bought out Lawrence Rifle Barrels to make their barrels. The bench rest guys here used him pretty exclusively. I would not be afraid of the Proof barrel.

Steve

They also purchased Lone Wolf stocks, I guess, because I called them when my Lone Wolf stock broke. They are replacing it and bedding it at no charge. Seems like a good company.

I have one chambered in 300 WM. They are a good product, but not any better than say a Bartlein or similar high quality barrel. I know this because I own two other customs with that brand of product. Would I buy another? In retrospect, Dont think so for what it cost.

Just my opinion.

Thanks for the replies.. anyone that shoots one of their barrels? how do they shoot?

I have one on a 280 Sherman that shoots well. (.2's) In fact, the rifle, dies, and brass are for sale at a good price.......Rich
280 Sherm rifle:stockeys .jpg

It's a trued 700 LA Remington BDL with a 26" #5 Lawrence fluted barrel. It has a stockeys v-block long range hunter stock. It comes with Hornady custom bushing dies and brass. I took it in from a guy who worked for me. I have shot .2's with 180 Bergers and it will reach 3100' if you push it. I am only asking $1400 for the rifle, dies, and brass or will put a 6.5x20 Zeiss on it for $1900 if someone needed it with a scope. I wouldn't sell it but I need $$ to keep up with all my wildcat builds and I already have a 7SS:D This is a heck of a buy for this rifle!.......Rich

It's a trued 700 LA Remington BDL with a 26" #5 Lawrence fluted barrel. It has a stockeys v-block long range hunter stock. It comes with Hornady custom bushing dies and brass. I took it in from a guy who worked for me. I have shot .2's with 180 Bergers and it will reach 3100' if you push it. I am only asking $1400 for the rifle, dies, and brass or will put a 6.5x20 Zeiss on it for $1900 if someone needed it with a scope. I wouldn't sell it but I need $$ to keep up with all my wildcat builds and I already have a 7SS:D This is a heck of a buy for this rifle!.......Rich

Do you still have this rifle rich? I was wanting to build a 6.5 but this is really peaking my interest.

Off topic, but how do you like that stock? I have considered trying one out in the future. Thanks

$1,900 with a 6.5-20 Zeiss...Hmmmm....Might have to see if I can sell one of my offload projects cheap for a quick-sale.

It's a shame you're not into fishing, I got several top-tier fishing rods & reels I would trade, that I'm not using right now. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.