Damaged proof research barrel

I agree it's repairable but it should have been disclosed prior to the sale.

Was it at average market rate for the item or greatly discounted?
The price was agreed to without me knowing of the damage. It wasn't less than a lot of the NIB generally same brand, length, contour and type prefit barrels are selling for on here. It was identified as a low round count barrel, so I felt it was about NIB price/value plus it was threaded at the muzzle and shipped. That is what I paid.

A little sanding and put the dust into some 2 part epoxy..fill in the places then sand it smooth..then put a touch of fingernail polish on it....smear it on with your fingers..never know it was there....

The price was agreed to without me knowing of the damage. It wasn't less than a lot of the NIB generally same brand, length, contour and type prefit barrels are selling for on here. It was identified as a low round count barrel, so I felt it was about NIB price/value plus it was threaded at the muzzle and shipped. That is what I paid.

Then you weren't given a fair deal IMO.

A word of caution regarding repairs. You must be very careful to not sand and expose any more fibers. Exposed fibers will absorb moisture leading to delamination of the plys. At what rate this would happen to the point of delam I can't say but it will eventually happen.

Then you weren't given a fair deal IMO.

A word of caution regarding repairs. You must be very careful to not sand and expose any more fibers. Exposed fibers will absorb moisture leading to delamination of the plys. At what rate this would happen to the point of delam I can't say but it will eventually happen.
That is exactly my point. Unknown how this damage may affect the life of the barrel in the long run. I bought it for a hunting rifle to likely last many many years but also be exposed to potentially harsh conditions. If it was CM vs CF, I know how to identify and maintain for long life, but under the carbon fiber no way to know how the weather has affected the barrel beneath. And delam would render the barrel even more worthless than it is now.

If I had damaged the barrel through my own negligence, I would just suck it up, jerry rig it and slab some epoxy on it and call it good, like many have suggested.......or wrap it around a tree, but that would be my choice.

This whole deal was not my choice to deal with mess that I paid fair market value for.

Is that the shank end? What are the seam looking marks that seem to run up the shank?
Yes, that is the shank. Those are part of the damage. It looks like maybe the barrel spun in the vise when the barrel was removed. There is another very similar mark on the fiber and metal on the opposite side of the barrel.

Yes, that is the shank. Those are part of the damage. It looks like maybe the barrel spun in the vise when the barrel was removed. There is another very similar mark on the fiber and metal on the opposite side of the barrel.
That's more than spinning in a vice. Looks like it was removed with a pipe wrench.