CURTIS ACTION- Updated with Pictures

Re: Curtis action

I am sure this was covered long ago - but is this a two lug or 3 lug action.

Thanks,
Terry

The 3 lugs give it a very short, quick throw of the bolt

Now this is something the current Rem 700 foot-print receiver market sorely lacks - a short-throw bolt.

What a well-designed and great looking receiver y'all have there. Seriously. Sounds like a nice, long tenon length at 1.10" - plenty of "meat" for threading long pipes on.

I hope the bolt/bolt handle attachment (as you mentioned had to be re-designed to a "strap" type") isn't too much of a hassle to re-design with the same level of strength/precision the receiver has.

The short bolt throw is just a side benefit. The real benefit of 3 lugs is the super stable bolt support. This just might be my new, "Go to" action.

My question is; what are you using for an extractor? I like what Colt is doing on the M2012 but think the M-16 extractor would make it even better.

We are using the m16 extractor, and we will have updated pics of complete action posted up within a few hours from now... Stay tuned!

Good looking action so far. I might have to order one of these myself. One more question, will your bolt heads/face fit a standard 700 barrel rebate and diameter? Such as shown in the picture below?

VarmintAlsPhotoModified_zpsa766b43c.png

(Credit goes to VarmintAl for the photo)

Good looking action so far. I might have to order one of these myself. One more question, will your bolt heads/face fit a standard 700 barrel rebate and diameter? Such as shown in the picture below?

VarmintAlsPhotoModified_zpsa766b43c.png

(Credit goes to VarmintAl for the photo)

Unfortunately not, because our bolt diameter is .045" larger than the remington. Same principle, just not the same dimensions..

We still have a few more cosmetic changes to make before we go full bore into production...
We will be offering different bolt knobs, we just are using this one for the proto...

Keep in mind this is one of our prototype actions, so it bears some scars, marks, and tattoos.

In case you were wondering, the force required to cock the action is no more than a standard remington bolt lift.

Talk to me Gents....

Attachments

• Curtis5.jpg
    Curtis5.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 112
  • Curtis3.jpg
    Curtis3.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 104
  • Curtis1.jpg
    Curtis1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Curtis7.jpg