I'm looking at Custom actions that have

Must have
-60* bolt throw
-intergral recoil lug
-Left hand

Optional/undecided
-intergral or pinned 20 MOA rail
-3 lug bolt

It seems that the Curtis Vector, Ultimalum U300 and Defiance Deviant fit the bill. Looking to bild a Heavy practice rifle in 6.5 creedmoore with a 26" barrel.
Are there any other companies out there that I'm missing?

Thoughts, experience, and comments please
Thanks

Are you in a time crunch?

As far as I know, only the defiance is in production, but it is a 90 degree bolt throw not a 60.

I talked to Curtis Custom actions and they have have right hand actions shipping out within a week. The left hand version will be a few months out yet. I haven't talked to GA Precision about their tempest action, not sure if it's going to be available in Left Hand though.

Right now I'm trying to decide which way to go, not in to big of rush, being a lefty makes the options way harder to acquire.

There seems to be some left hand surgeon actions available, which I've never owned but have never heard anything negative about.

Just looking at trying something different. I'm 100% happy with the 3 Stiller Tac300 actions I own,

What about the GA Precision Tempest? I believe it has a 60 dog bolt, not sure about the other features...

From GAP's website...

Description:
The Tempest® Short Action is the latest acton in the GAP lineup, It was designed to be a fast 60 Deg throw precision action for use in PRS type matches. It was also machined to fit every stock that fits a Remington 700 Footprint. So in a nutshell any stock that fits or can fit a Remington 700 will fit a GAP Tempest. (minor inletting might be required) Specs
  • Machined from Billet
  • One Piece bolt
  • One piece M16 style Extractor
  • Built in recoil lug
  • Extended 1913 Mil Spec Rail
  • Fits Rem 700 type triggers
  • 100% built in the USA in Sturgis S.D. by Horizon Machine
  • Std bolt face and Short Mag Available
From the beginning the left-hand variant was an iffy proposition. The problem is that the demand has never been high enough to warrant a lefty on this model. Call Ken Lin at GAP to check for updated information.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.