Curtis Axiom Action Rifles

Joel Russo

Crafted by Alamo Precision Rifles using our Axiom actions...

Attachments

• alamo1.jpg
    alamo1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 109
  • alamo2.jpg
    alamo2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 106
  • alamo3.jpg
    alamo3.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 69
  • alamo4.jpg
    alamo4.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 81
  • alamo5.jpg
    alamo5.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 113
Awesome!!! I have been in APR several times and leave nothing sort of impressed every time. Even got my dirty mitts on those new actions..... Take my money now.

Those look great Joel! I'm going to have to get a Axiom for a upcoming build. I've never had a 60° bolt before. Has anyone had any problems switching between the 60° and a 90°? Looks like the fluting is deeper than the photos of the Axiom on your website?

Awesome!!! I have been in APR several times and leave nothing sort of impressed every time. Even got my dirty mitts on those new actions..... Take my money now.

Lol.. Robert, Jason and the rest of the crew a APR have their feces together! I feel the same way every time I make a trip down there.

Those look great Joel! I'm going to have to get a Axiom for a upcoming build. I've never had a 60° bolt before. Has anyone had any problems switching between the 60° and a 90°? Looks like the fluting is deeper than the photos of the Axiom on your website?

The only problem I had in switching to the 60* bolt throw, is that I now dislike shooting my other stuff. Really, once you get used to the short throw, you wonder why you didn't make the switch earlier.

We treated a few actions with DLC, and they turned out amazing.

The important thing to keep in mind is that we designed and engineered a 60* three lug bolt action with a lighter bolt lift than most 90* two lug actions.
And as Richard Rawlings would say, that's a win, win..

The bolt fluting we ended up with on the AXIOM was decided by a popular vote. Earlier prototype actions had a few different styles, and some had none at all. We actually decided not to offer any fluting at all, but figured most guys pay the extra money at some point to have someone flute the bolt. We figured we could do it for a lot less than the going rate as it is a simple process when the bolt body is in the milling center. Just more value for your dollar on the initial purchase.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.