CURTIS ACTION- Updated with Pictures

Wilkup: yes, we will at some point be offering a Lapua bolt face for the vector. Not on our radar as of now but we are going to.

Fishbox: We are projecting to have the 408 based action out by early summmer.

Litehiker: not sure where you were looking on the website but there are several pictures of the bolt and lugs. Yes, we plan on doing a TI version.

Everyone else.... there is a good chance we will end up offering our own pre-fit barrels specifically for the axiom action. gun)

Everyone else.... there is a good chance we will end up offering our own pre-fit barrels specifically for the axiom action.

And on that day, as a gunsmith we will have no need for this action. I don't buy barrels from any company that installs them and won't be buying actions from anyone that fits their own barrels. Our custom rifle customers are looking for stuff way beyond production made assemblies. What this shows us is you are looking to compete with Savage with home kits. We have zero demand for anything like this. We had high hopes for this action and to see the real craftsmen cut out is something we can't sell. You will still have a huge demand for quality Savage type assemblies but it just won't be gunsmiths like us. That is sad.

Good news is we would still be interested in them on our sales side and look forward in adding your rifles or barreled actions through our retail side.

Hiredgun:

Obviously that strikes a nerve with you... that's fine. I hear what your saying... I totally agree with most of it. But to say there is no need for gunsmiths is absurd. Did bedding go away because of the manners mini chassis? It doesn't replace a great glass bed job.. but it's an option.

Kinda like a barrel... and FYI ours would not be using a nut. It's actually chambered for the action. It would not replace a true custom build but everyone needs options.

And no, we aren't trying to compete with savage... we are trying to compete with ourselves.. cause there isn't anything like ours.

I'm not sure what process kelbys uses... but our tennon threads are all timed exact.

We are not coming out with barrels tomorrow.... but it's in the plans

Not to strike a nerve with anyone but the vector is in current production, like we can purchase it now? But everyone is also waiting on the axiom which is still in design? I'm only asking since I am interested in the axiom especially at its $750 price point.

Correct... you can buy "pre order" a Vector AW SA.

The axioms are in production and will be realeased shortly.

I'm gathering tensions are high surrounding these actions... we have put everything we have into these and we stand behind them and trust you'll see it's worth the wait.

If you are going to SHOT there will be an Axiom and Vector at MANNERS booth. Tom was gracious enough to put them in some stocks etc...

Vectors....

Attachments

• IMG_8548.JPG
    IMG_8548.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 151
Along with prefit barrels I would think it would only be natural to offer prefit stocks in all different variations from lightweight carry stocks up through heavy tactical. This way a guy could buy one action and have several rifles in one. Like an AR. Make everything interchangeable.

Along with prefit barrels I would think it would only be natural to offer prefit stocks in all different variations from lightweight carry stocks up through heavy tactical. This way a guy could buy one action and have several rifles in one. Like an AR. Make everything interchangeable.
It seems your sarcasm is dripping thru this post. Not sure if that was your intention.

Let's just wait for a single action to be purchased first...then in another 3 years we can be here waiting for barrels...then in 3 more after that we might see some pictures of stocks...:D