Coyote Caliber Dialing Long Distance

22 Creedmoor will be my next build, I really like what that cartridge has to offer. That being said, I'm doing the Creed because I already have .243win, 6mmAI & 6-284 :D

I'm pretty sure i'm going to run the 90grn A-Tips (if I can find them). I'm starting to think the 22 Creed will dethrone a couple of my 6mms. Fast, flat, accurate & hardly any recoil. What's not to like?

t

The Zermatt Origin is a highly respected action, very good stuff. I've personally built two rifles with parts from Bugholes & cannot recommend them enough.

t
OK, not trying to make this complicated. I have a few Remington 700 left hand stocks. So if I can get a .308 Receiver I'm in business is what I'm asking.
Not looking for anyone to make me parts/receiver, just wanting to know if i can accomplish my goal by getting a .308 receiver.
Thanks

OK, not trying to make this complicated. I have a few Remington 700 left hand stocks. So if I can get a .308 Receiver I'm in business is what I'm asking.
Not looking for anyone to make me parts/receiver, just wanting to know if i can accomplish my goal by getting a .308 receiver.
Thanks

That's why we are here, to discuss and learn, right? The Origin action is a Rem 700 clone, it should fit a Rem 700 inletted stock just fine. Some actions are not Remington clones & won't fit in your Rem 700 stocks.

Of course, feel free to research other actions, etc. Being a left handed feller, I posted that for you cause I knew it was in stock & just trying to help.

Lefties gotta look out for one another!

t

Last edited:
600rd barrel life. Maybe 800 if you load really slow. I don't know about you, but that's maybe a year in a rifle that I shoot regularly.
YUP,. ^^^ Bingo !!
IT's all about Speed and keeping up with, the "Latest" B/S Trendy "Stuff," to Impress,.. your Buddies !
Nobody, "thinks" about, putting, $3,000. or more into, a "Build" and, the SHORT Barrel Life !
Hence WHY, I went to the 6 XC, VERY Accurate to some very, LONG Ranges AND, I expect, approx. 2,400- 2,500 " Accurate", Rounds out of, MY Barrels ! Yup it's 25 to 50 FPS slower than, the 6 Creed ( Coyotes, DO know, the "Difference",.. I'm told,.. LOL ).
And, The .22 Creed IS, MORE of, a Real,.. "Barrel Burner" !
I LIKE to, Shoot and Practice, a LOT as I'm, "Old School" AND, the Wind Blows, pretty Hard out, on the Deserts of Idaho, thus, the 6 MM & High BC !

Last edited:
22 Creedmoor will be my next build, I really like what that cartridge has to offer. That being said, I'm doing the Creed because I already have .243win, 6mmAI & 6-284 :D

I'm pretty sure i'm going to run the 90grn A-Tips (if I can find them). I'm starting to think the 22 Creed will dethrone a couple of my 6mms. Fast, flat, accurate & hardly any recoil. What's not to like?

t
6-284 sounds scary fast. May not be able to pieces yotes back together after that impact? What powder do/ would you use for the 22 Creed?