Couple new rigs from APS....

Tommorrow morning that xp should be on my doorstep and then it will be traveling to wyoming next week. Hurray Hurray and thanks to Ernie and Kirby for all of the help they have been and the patience they have had with me.

Kirby:
I notice that's a rifle scope on that XP. How do you get extended eye relief from that scope? Most rifle scopes have ~4" of eye relief where 'true' hand gun scopes have ~20".

With good muzzle brakes LR specialty pistol shooters are going more and more with riflescopes.
I can see almost a full field of view (actually I can-but don't encourage others to imitate me) with my 7mm Dakota XP--Scope is a 6.5-20 FFP Leupold Mark 4.
200 grain Wildcat with a MV of 2700 fps.
Typically you see a full FOV get oriented and then back off a bit and hte outer FOV will go black.
But with Holland's new Radial brake and I suspect the same with Kirby's PK brakes SP shooters can safely see all or close to a full FOV.

Companies like Leupold, NF, S&B and a few others have a pretty good eye relief for high magnification scopes.

There is literally no recoil to these big XPs. I was getting full view with the NF NXS 3.5-15 scope and never came close to having it touch my forhead. In fact, many rifles have a better chance at hitting my brow.

These muzzle breaks REALLY Work well on big handguns.

There is literally no recoil to these big XPs.
I was getting full view with the NF NXS 3.5-15 scope and never came close to having it touch my forhead. In fact, many rifles have a better chance at hitting my brow. These muzzle breaks REALLY Work well on big handguns.

That is so true!
Until you witness or experience it yourself, it is hard to believe.

Ernie I'm now jealous. Great looking XP!!! Dennis

Thanks but i kind of stole a lot of this set up from Len after reading about his last year. color is a little different and fluting but i think they are similar otherwise. We both live and hunt in wisconsin so this seems like the ideal set up as we cannot use rifles in some areas.

Kirby, Really nice looking XP and I'm sure it will be a great performer. Dennis, I have one of Kirby's 6.5 WSM that I cannot say enough good things about. I'm sure you will fall in love with this SP. Deer season in Missouri opens Nov. 15th and I can't decide on which Kirby's XP creations to take; 6.5 WSM, 284 Win., or 308 Win. Good luck with your whitetail hunt.

Oh! One more difference will be the schmidt and bender scope with holland art that has been waiting for it.

Mark,

Glad to hear you love your 6.5 wsm and others. Got some pics?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.