Couple new rigs from APS....

ART-2nd.gif

Thanks for the info and link. That is going to be a wonderful scope. Nothing beats great glass. That seems like a sweet fit for the gun. Good luck with your hunting with your new pistol. I wish you great success. Thanks again for the info.

Dennis, Regarding pics of the 6.5 WSM that Kirby built, if you will find an August issue of SPORTS AFIELD you can see a couple of good photos of this SP.

My apologies, that is correct, it is a T1 stock. I am finishing up anoter rifle that has the T4 stock, got them mixed up. A couple dozen to many projects in the works all at once is making my young but high milage brain stumble from time to time!! LOL

Booney,

I do not believe the ABS barrels are any more accurate then any other top end barrel. They shoot very well but so do any other top end barrel that is fitted properly.

Today I shot my 300 AX along side the 338 AX in this post out to 1000 yards and it would be impossible to say one was more accurate then the other.

Heat wise, the ABS barrel just seems to take longer to heat up. That said, hot carbon fiber does not feel as hot as hot steel. Its hard to say what the difference to the barrel liner compared to the all steel barrel is. Some tests have been done that say the ABS keeps the bore cooler. That may well be a fact, I am sure it is but is it worth the DRAMATICALLY higher cost and longer shipping times??????

That is not up to me to decide for customers. IF they want one, go for it, they generally shoot extremely well. I have had a few lately that had problems but every barrel maker from one time or another has had a bad barrel slip out the shop door.

For the money, I would rather take two fluted Lilja SS barrels for the price of one ABS big bore blank.

I had a chance to shoot it today at home and man is this thing sweet. I almost cant believe that it is possible to do what this gun does at such long ranges.

They do shoot, thats for sure!!! Got any big whitetails lined up???

I have seen several I like but it is luck of the draw on opening day, although i have expanded my range this year with the gun.

Ernie,

We shot both guns yesterday and kraig was at .5 moa I was a little over but we didnt have our rest situation figured out. Kraig is building some benches so we can use a rear bag instead of just one big front bag. I guess in this case if everyone is doing it..................I thought I had a different way but I do believe we will have a nice set up when he is done and we should be able to trim that moa down a little.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.