Couple APS Raptor XP-100s

50driver, I sent you an email.

On my XP, I'm not sure I need the dual recoil lug setup. I'm only going with a 7 SAUM (I've got 300 rds brass). I might even consider a 7-270 (7-300) WSM.

In my area, 270WSM & 300WSM brass is real plentiful. 270 WSM being most abundant.

I'm wanting a pretty simple build.

17" barrel (prefer a cut rifled blank) - Sendero or modified Palma
Action trued
Bedded stock

That comprises the basic stuff. Probably some detail not mentioned.

Regards
Rog

50driver, I sent you an email.

On my XP, I'm not sure I need the dual recoil lug setup. I'm only going with a 7 SAUM (I've got 300 rds brass). I might even consider a 7-270 (7-300) WSM.

In my area, 270WSM & 300WSM brass is real plentiful. 270 WSM being most abundant.

I would still feel more comfortable with the dual recoil lug with the WSM just because of the bolt thrust generated by that large diameter case head. It may not be a requirement but it will certainly add longevity to the handcannon. The rear recoil lug only bares on about 1/4" of the outside of each side of the recoil lug.

Would be your choice but I would feel better with the dual recoil lug system, no way it will fail.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.