Controversial Topic And Poll: Brown Bear & Slingshots

Do You Think Slingshots Should Be Legalized For Hunting Brown Bear?

• Yes

Votes: 791 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 848 51.7%

• Total voters
If you are going to hunt bear with a singshot there must be a few simple rules.
1. you must hunt directly over bait in a stand no greater than 10 feet from the ground.
2. before you actually take your shot you must first yell loudly, to get the attention of the bear. Then immediately jump out of the stand (with slingshot and projectile at the ready) and kick said bear squarly and firmly in the crotch. Now you may take your shot.

I never hunted a Brown bear, but heard a story; take somebody with you that you can out run. Otherwise the law of natural selection will apply, and you will be selected.

Attachments

• Bear Stories.jpg
    Bear Stories.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 21
Hey, be my guest. Just make sure you have a good video camera, so I can invite my hunting buddies over for a cold one and to laugh at your undoing.

Bear hunting with sling shots. Making the world a better place, one gene pool at a time.

there must be something that I'm missing here,some feel that a large cal rifle in a tight spot with a 1500lb deadly force of nature isn't enough and now someone wants to **** this force of nature of more,I'd like to say go for it,the only problem is that if they find what's left of you,someone with a rifle will kill that bear anyway if it doesn't do someone else harm,look at the poll 811 for 837 against got to wonder who's out there with a screw loose

ha,ha,I started to read from the back of the posts to the front,I guess in my spare time this winter I'll have to build one of these super sling shots. we don't get much light up north in the winter are there any restictions as to the us or can gov't that are involved in such a projectlightbulb

If girls can wear them as underwear, why not legalize them for bears?
+1 for slingshots
Sight rules we don't discuss ethics right?

I think that the 'government' making laws and regulations at that level should be forbidden.

Snow and Canadian geese with rifles, bows, slingshots what ever.

It is the wounding and not tracking that should be regulated.

Yes, I know there are those that do not put in reasonable effort to find game that did not go down. That ain't me, restricting me because someone 'could' skip doing the right thing is tyranny of the masses to attempt to control the few.

This is the same 'control' method that is being applied to 'gun control'.

Problem is law and regulations makers fail to see is that the few are gonna do it anyway.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.