Votes: 33 4.1%
  • I have antelope points MT

Votes: 13 1.6%
  • I may be interested in going

Votes: 335 41.2%
  • Definitely not interested in going

Votes: 119 14.6%

• Total voters
Like most if money wasn't an issue I'd love to hunt in the USA.
First on my list would be a Mule deer, second Elk and third a Whitetail.
Dreams are free!

Steve.

I am very interested in going. I am up for either wilderness roughing it or beautiful accommodations. I would love to chase about anything out west, muleys, elk, speed goats... whatever.

I just signed up for my first hunt with Len. I don't know many people who go west so if it has hair n horns I'm in. We have great whitetail hunting here in Iowa so I would prefer mulies or elk and maybe a carnivore if its bigger than my lab.

I would give my left walnut to be able to go on a hunt with the forum members here, but, I would have to sell parts of my body to be able to afford the hunt. Nobody will be willing to pay for broken down old parts anyway. JW Semper Fi

I have to ask why Utah is not part of the poll. World record bull elk "The Spider Bull" was killed no more than 50 miles (as the crow flies) away from Park City, and the Ashley National Forest which has a Boone and Crockett bull taken almost every year. The mule deer don't get much bigger than what the Paunsaugunt, Kaibab plateau, or the Henry Mountains produce. What I dream of, (like most hunters in Utah) are wall mounts unique to only the Paunsaugunt muleys and Wasatch National Forest elk (Spider Bull) Paunsaugunt bucks have a hook on the right front antler that are easily seen and very identifiable. Wasatch bulls grow an extra sur-royal off of the right side main royal (5&6 off of 4 instead of 4-5-6) It will take an average Utah resident 17pts to draw a Wasatch bull tag, and 12pts for Paunsaugunt tag. With no option of purchasing more than one point per year on one limited entry unit for only one animal. 31 years is a long long time for normal Hunter like myself to wait. (2year wait between limited hunt and next limited application entry) God only knows what it is for a non-resident. Food for thought, on the next poll negotiations.

FYI, any outfitted hunt with a reputable outfitter with a decent success rate in any state will be expensive, the more amenities provided ie: horses, base camp, lodge, meals, one on one guides, etc., all cost money, more money...

Guided hunts are how these people earn a living. It's their wages....

I will typically spend upwards of $7,000.00 for a quality hunt in a non-prime area with a reputable guide and some hunts, like NM Elk can cost upwards of $15,000.00.

That is not a guaranteed kill either, that is only the chance to take an animal.

It's really not within an average person's budget far as affordability is concerned.

Not insinuating that I'm better than anyone because I'm not, however, I worked my entire life to save enough to participate on hunts like this, so I do.

Myself, I never considered guided hunts at all until I knew I had the financial capability to pay for one without worrying about if I could pay my bills the following month.

It's about the sport of hunting and being able to afford it.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.