Comparing the Berger 210 VLD to the 215 Hybrid

Jeff, I think your shot was off by at least 1/4 inch. :)

But nice going anyway.

Grumble, grumble, wish I lived out there.

Jeff, I think your shot was off by at least 1/4 inch. :)

But nice going anyway.

Grumble, grumble, wish I lived out there.

Actually I was about 2" from point of aim. But that is within the 1/2 moa accuracy of the rifle so I call it a hit...:D

Funny thing is I probably blew a double with one shot. There was a second yote headed in to this elk. It crossed my mind to line them up and take em both with one shot while they had breakfast. But once I was dialed and on him instinct took over and I went for the bird in the hand.lightbulb

Jeff

Actually I was about 2" from point of aim. But that is within the 1/2 moa accuracy of the rifle so I call it a hit...:D

Funny thing is I probably blew a double with one shot. There was a second yote headed in to this elk. It crossed my mind to line them up and take em both with one shot while they had breakfast. But once I was dialed and on him instinct took over and I went for the bird in the hand.lightbulb

Jeff

Good job Jeff! It would have been REALLY interesting to see the hole in the second one:D.......Rich

Good job Jeff! It would have been REALLY interesting to see the hole in the second one:D.......Rich

It sure would have Rich. Can you believe I took the time to look for the bullet?:rolleyes: I did find where it hit the dirt once after the pass through, after that who knows...:D

Jeff

It sure would have Rich. Can you believe I took the time to look for the bullet?:rolleyes: I did find where it hit the dirt once after the pass through, after that who knows...:D

Jeff

Ya, I sure can believe you took time to look for the bullet. I may look for one again this spring when the snow is off. I need a metal detector though. It bugs me when I can't find my bullets:D......Rich

This is a very informative thread thanks for taking the time and energy in doing all the work and putting it down on paper.

I am/was looking at the 215's and when i went to Bergers website the length has changed (allot) the original poster mesured his bullets at 1.62 the website now says 1.56. anyone try the new bullets against the old is the BC the same... with the much shorter bullet how can they have the same BC?

Thanks
Trevor

Jeff help me with my load devolpment for my 300 ultra and 215 hybrids :D .50 Moa at 100 yards still holding under MOA @600 yards going next month to the ranch to stretch it out two 1000 yards :cool:

Great shooting Jeff !

This is a very informative thread thanks for taking the time and energy in doing all the work and putting it down on paper.

I am/was looking at the 215's and when i went to Bergers website the length has changed (allot) the original poster mesured his bullets at 1.62 the website now says 1.56. anyone try the new bullets against the old is the BC the same... with the much shorter bullet how can they have the same BC?

Thanks
Trevor

I just went to their website and noticed that they also changed their part numbers on the 215 and 230 Hybrid Targets. Maybe more bullets? Hope they didn't change anything.

I just went to their website and noticed that they also changed their part numbers on the 215 and 230 Hybrid Targets. Maybe more bullets? Hope they didn't change anything.

I noticed that they will now be available in boxes of 100 instead of 50. That may be the change.

My are all in the box of 50's Berger part number 30423. But they are different lot numbers and were purchased close to a year apart.

Lot number 4120 and Lot number 4743.

I just checked and they all measure close to 1.620" for over all length. If there has been any change in length I have not ran into it yet.

Maybe Eric will clear up the differences? Or if anyone has a very recent order they could measure a few for us and post up here.

Jeff