Collet Dies? You Use Them?

biged,

I can see what you're doing wrong...you need to have it under the handle, not beside it...AND OMG...you can expect a bow tie to be strong enough to hold! I thought evey one knew that! LOL

Thanks for all the replies....I'm going to call them tomorrow and will report back what they say.

OK, with the new forum software we got a "Like" button but now it needs to be similar to FaceBook with reactions.

so
I tried using the Lee collet die, "BUT" every time I tried to get uniform neck sizing force the string broke and the duct tape ripped.

:p:D:p:D

biged,

I can see what you're doing wrong...you need to have it under the handle, not beside it...AND OMG...you can expect a bow tie to be strong enough to hold! I thought evey one knew that! LOL

Thanks for all the replies....I'm going to call them tomorrow and will report back what they say.
needs a dial inch pound, lmbo

I use one for .300 WM, also for everything else I load for. I use the .243 for my 6mm Competition Match. Just thinking out loud here, do they make one for the 6.5x.284 and would it work for you?

I use one for .300 WM, also for everything else I load for. I use the .243 for my 6mm Competition Match. Just thinking out loud here, do they make one for the 6.5x.284 and would it work for you?
No 6.5 284, but guys have machined a bushing to fit on top of your shell holder and used their 6.5×55 LCND.

Last edited:
I believe you can send them brass and Lee will make you one. I've considered this w/ my 284.

Here is what I was thinking...remember...I just opened one up a couple weeks ago to clean it and see what was in there. I have only used it for about 40 cases!

For lee to make one...grab a outer shell...the little sleeve and mandrel for a 6.5...and 25-06 actuating sleeve...the part that contacts the shell holder... Boom...that and $90.00 you could have one...

Or get a 25-06 collet die and replace the mandrel with a 6.5mm. Boom that and $30.00 you should have one...

Thoughts?????

Here is what I was thinking...remember...I just opened one up a couple weeks ago to clean it and see what was in there. I have only used it for about 40 cases!

For lee to make one...grab a outer shell...the little sleeve and mandrel for a 6.5...and 25-06 actuating sleeve...the part that contacts the shell holder... Boom...that and $90.00 you could have one...

Or get a 25-06 collet die and replace the mandrel with a 6.5mm. Boom that and $30.00 you should have one...

Thoughts?????
No. The collet needs to be >26 caliber( about .290") also. So you need to MACHINE it out.
You will need to compress the collet to 25 cal when you bore the new neck. Also, the height of the start of the collet's neck needs to be the same as the neck on the new cartridge.
Been there.
It is a lot less trouble to send $75 to Lee and get one made, comes with a seater die.

Last edited:
I've been using Lee Collet dies for quite a few years and have had them made for 300SAUM and 7mmSAUM with great results. After about 5 loadings I usually just toss the brass anyway so the only time I full length size almost any bottleneck brass is when it's new.

Why put up with icky lube? It's stone age stuff.... LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.