Do you use wilson style dies?

wow.them sure look nice. what the price for his nk die and micro seater die

Here is his site Micro Dies

If you look at the picture I post on his bushing you see 334-20 the .334 is neck dia and the 20 is the shoulder angle. You can actually dial in how much you want to set the shoulders back or if you just touch them. The dies in the picture are his Mico Neck and seater for the arbor press and they have no case body insert not sure how he makes his FL sizer. If you look at his Threated Die

You see little description of the die which include this

THE DIE USES INTERCHANGEABLE HARDENED STEEL BUSHINGS, AND WITH THE PROPER SIZE BUSHINGS, IT WILL HANDLE VIRITUALLY ALL CARTRIDGES HAVING THE SAME HEAD DIAMETER.

That also includes the Mirco Neck die so my 223AI since I have bushing for the 222,222AI,223 and 222mag I can use that die for those cases. At today's price for the neck die I may have just under $300 so die cost spread out over 5 cases is less than $60.

Back in the 80's again when I started BR I was using the Wilson dies and wanting to do more with standard calibers one of my learning lessons was with Neil's threated neck die that used bushing. I'm sure it was easier for Redding to use the Wilson bushing than Neil bushing for their type S dies neck die.

Another die brand that seems to have been swept under the carpet is the custom dies from Harrell. These are as good as any of the best out there, and usually in your hands in a fraction of the time. He only lists PPC cases, but he does all of them.

I have one set of Wilson dies that had a reamer run thru them after I bought them. The chamber is .223 N.M. made from a reamer that came out of Mr. Pendell's stash. Seem to always load round s with about .001" TIR or less. I also have a .222 N.M. die set that are very similar to the Wilsons, but believe it or not the die body is made of aluminum! Ferris did these dies, and I've been using them for years and years without a problem (I figured they might be good for 500 rounds!). Why aluminum, I don't know.

I size my necks 90% of the time with nothing but powdered graphite, and have found there is a slight learning curve here. Bullets seem to want a slightly bit more grip (perhaps another half thousandth). Groups were not anybetter, but they are much easier to deal with at the range
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.