Cold Bore Challenge

I ran out of orange paint, so I did not have a 6 inch dot, My first shot was out side of the dot to the left, My 2nd shot was almost dead center. Both shots would have put a coyote down!

Have not got a chance to get out and shoot, The wife has been sick, So I been taking care of her.

On a good note I got 2nd place at the local .22lr shoot over the weekend :D

I did something very similar to this a few months ago against against 4 other shooters. One with a 260rem one 338lapua one 300winmag and one 223rem. In good conditions with a 8-10mph cross wind coming across from 11oclock. 50 degrees at 11am in central California in early January. 600 ft elevation. 40% humidity. I can honest to goodness say I was the only one to make a first round, cold bore hit, one at 1.5moa target at a known distance of 800yards. I did so with my Model 700 300rum with a 27" kreiger running 225gr hornady bthp match bullets at 2940fps over 89.5gr of Retumbo lit with a rem 9 1/2m primer. I couldn't wipe the smirk off of my fave for at least 2 hours.

Have not got a chance to get out and shoot, The wife has been sick, So I been taking care of her.

On a good note I got 2nd place at the local .22lr shoot over the weekend :D

Sorry to hear the wife unit is under the weather... I bet your shooting partner (son) is chomping at the bit to make that gong swing with you... ;)

Congrats at the 22LR shoot... You GO Layne... ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.