Cold Bore Challenge

Thanks LDHunter, Its been fun and I have learned alot about shooting in the wind.

Good luck on getting your rifles done! get out and shoot gun)

Going shooting in the morning... Hopefully I have all the woolyboogers worked out and after that I'll be ready to try but I'm thinking I'm still in development stages... :(

It seems the more I shoot, the less confident I become. haha!

And $100 would buy alot of bullets or beer. lol

I have been doing some load work with 155 SMK PALMA bullets, and 168 Berger VLD.

I still have 2 shots left to do. and I think I want to try them at 1000 yards.

It seems the more I shoot, the less confident I become. haha!

I still have 2 shots left to do. and I think I want to try them at 1000 yards.

When it comes to rifles and hitting targets at long distances with varying conditions I think that confidence usually comes mixed with a good dose of ignorance... LOL

I am confident that I can hit a whitetail in the boiler room at anything short of 250 yards 98% of the time with almost any conditions I normally encounter and am used to but as the distance extends beyond that magical 250 yards my confidence goes down rapidly. LOL

I've been shooting and hunting way to many years to think that hitting game where I need to is a sure thing when I get way out there. That doesn't mean that I won't practice often, use quality equipment, handload carefully, and take that shot when I'm sure that I've done everything I can do to make it count but I don't know if I'll ever be nearly the shot some of the people on here are.

It sure is fun to keep pursuing that dream though... LOL

Those thousand yard shots should be very interesting... ;)

Looking forward to seeing the videos.

I'm loading all day today. One of my shooting buddies bailed on me at the last minute this morning so I'm trying to get enough loaded to last me a few weeks and so I can better concentrate on shooting and less on load development.

I'm also going to start shooting at the local 300yard range once a week so I can have the advantage of the good benches and shade the range offers. It's getting a bit hot on my hunting leases and deep shade is necessary for keeping me from heat stress and to get the rifle barrels cooled better.

Bob

Woo Hoo.... Yesterday at 200yds my 223LTR shot three 3 shot groups with all bullet holes touching... YES!!!

My 300SAUM didn't fare so well so it's back to the drawing board for that one... :(

Tomorrow I hope to shoot both rifles at 300yds with the SAUM using different loads. Hopefully within a week or two I'll be stretching them out and if confidence is high it's some cold bore shooting for me too... :)

Bob

Layne,

That's some pretty fancy shootin' Bud!!! I doubt I'll ever do that well but it appears that you've thrown down the gauntlet... LOL

I'll be handloading all morning today and hope to do some shooting this weekend.

Bob

Very impressive!!! Would you say that's the difference between ideal conditions vs average conditions? You battled some winds in your other videos but it appeared very calm in this one. Good job!

Thanks guys, The wind is the BIGGEST factor for me. I now know when I do my part and know the range I can hit it. The wind is my crutch. lol

I have learned alot doing this. And have got alot from it putting it all on video to review.

I still have 1 shot left but have been in limbo with juggling life and getting ready for a competition in 2 weeks.

The last shot WILL be an attempt over 1000 yards :D

gun)

Things have been crazy on my side of the world. Long stories. We did get several bears but none at long range. I did get a vid cam for fathers day too. Canon HF 400. Used it at the kids baseball game and hope to get some shooting on vid soon.

Good luck on your shoot.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.