.2-.3 100 yard cold bore challenge

2935fps is the 10rd average (from a magneto speed) I use for applied ballistics tables. SDs are in the low single digits, I dont have the actual data in front of me. This load was developed using the Satterlee velocity node method, as detailed on precision rifle blog. Its seated .020 off the lands. .085 was slightly more accurate but the bullet is seated below the neck. When i get a new barrel i want to throat it to seat at .080 with the bullet in the neck. Brass life is pretty good, this was loaded with reformed federal .243 win, its on its 5th firing with only a few loses due to primer pockets. This load has held up very well for me across a wide variety of distances and meteorological conditions. I know some of the RE powders can go faster, but I wanted something that uses powders that are very available.

Peterson loads the 130 tgk and the fgmm 130 ar hybrid as well as the 140 hybrid. In my savages the 125 deer xp from winchester shoots sub moa to 300yds. If the black ammo is an amax or eldm I'd use it up to deer without issue. The deer xp. The precision line from hornady has been decent for many also if you are limited to using factory ammo.
Hornady Black is a hp Target bullet. I am planning to use 140 grain Accubond for deer.

6.5 swede in a m96 original barrel sporterized

Attachments

• 142 LRAB Swede.jpg
    142 LRAB Swede.jpg
    953.8 KB · Views: 154

Recent Posts